WC finals track: helmetcam run at Schladming- Mtbr.com
    Committed

WC finals track: helmetcam run at Schladming

Last round of the Worlds is next weekend at Schladming.
    After the World Championships on the little hill at Canberra, a sweet alpine track is just what everyone needs.
    Check the footage:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlanaiTV.../2/-D6mCRmZW5w

Hill, Peaty and Minnar all within a few points of each other in the hunt for the overall title. Whoever finishes first here will take home the title.
    This has been a great year for WC racing, no one dominating the series and close competition among at last a half dozen different racers for the top spot.
    Woo hoo!

Also big hopes for the newly crowned women's WC Champion Miss Ragot to finish the season with a big win at Schladming.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by 1soulrider
    Last round of the Worlds is next weekend at Schladming.

Check the footage:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlanaiTV.../2/-D6mCRmZW5w
    Hot damn! I got a serious case of arm pump just watching the video.
    Extreme stationary biker.

striker!
    Awesome cornering by those guys! Not a lot of rocks on the course but that root section is gnarly. The asphalt crossings are kind of weird too. Looks like a helluva lot of fun.

Who is going to win? There are lots of turns and not much pedaling which would favor Sam. If it rains, then my $$$ is definitely on Sam. Minaar has got to be reeling from last weekend and ready to send it. Peaty is still probably recovering from his celebrations ...

S
    "flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Committed
    Yeah, those guys are ripping the corners for sure. The track looks super fun when its dry and scary as hell when wet.
    I'm thinking if Sam can keep it together it should be his day, but this year has been full of surprises.
    No question that Steve Greg and Sam won't be leaving anything on the hill, its all or nothing come race day.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

I watched it 4 times in a row, man that course if FAST, and did anyone notice how freakin far it was to the valley floor by the time the song ended? I have never been to Schladming, but I am guessing the finish is in the valley like other venues in Europe I have seen. Talk about some distance left to go when the vid ended. I couldn't help but notice the way the lead rider got the bike to rip some of the turns, and bar movement is hardly notable. Just toss and lean, amazing cornering speed.

After that I need a beer.

DT

mtbr member
    fukin sick! Go Gwin!
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Has S. Hill written all over it... :-)
    ----------------------------------------
    Jorgen
    Trondheim, Norway
    Rocky Mountain Instinct C90 BC 2019

Just roll it......
    Sam's won in Schladming a couple of times, but Gee's won there and Blenkinsop too. If it's wet, it's Sam's to lose. If it's dry, it opens it up to a handful of others. I'd love to see Gwin on the podium again.

EB

Now with 3 more inches!
    I'm completely biased towards my home county, but I think Peaty is going to do it.

Members who have read this thread: 0