Waterproof gloves- Mtbr.com
    Class Clown

New question here. Waterproof gloves

I have a nice waterproof suit going - pants, jacket, hood and booties I just need some truly waterproof gloves for around the 40-50 degree farenheit range for those rain commuter work rides

meow meow
    fox anti freeze. though the inner is waterproof, the outer will soak up some water.

Class Clown
    Hmmm I am really looking for something that will repel water like the rest of my rainsuit.

Auto Racer
    Pearl Izumi PRO Barrier WxB Gloves. They are shell gloves with a light brushed interior. DWR outside, Outdry Outdry - Water not included waterproof membrane keeps you dry when it rains. They are the kind of gloves you match up with a real waterproof jacket. I've used them in temps up to about 60 comfortably. Above that they are too warm (and your hands don't really need gloves) and you'll sweat them out with any real efforts. Perfect in cooler, wet weather. Fit is just a touch roomy relative to my standard trail gloves, I think that's because the waterproof fabric doesn't stretch much. That said, I'm still using my standard size in these.

P.R.O. Barrier WxB Glove - Pearl Izumi

since 4/10/2009
    There aren't many options, that's for sure.

The best I have is a softshell glove, but it's not entirely waterproof. It works well enough in light drizzle, but when it's truly pouring, it can't keep up. It's also a bit warmer. I used to wear it in the winter, until I made some pogies. Now, I transition straight from my fall long fingered gloves to pogies, for dry conditions, as the temps drop. The insulated pogies come out around 20F. I could absolutely see an UNinsulated waterproof pogie being more effective than a wpb glove for rainy commutes.

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    Trying to stay dry if you're out long enough in constant rain is a losing battle, especially for hands. Best best is to stay warm when wet. Wool is great for the body. For hands I've found 2.5-3mm dive gloves to be the best option. I've been out all day in cold rain and my hands are toast warm (albeit they look like raisins).
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

Class Clown
    I have a 30 min ride to and from work. I stay pretty dry with my setup although i imagine a serious downpour could be trouble. I actually have the pearl izumis one step up, the barrier softshell 3x1. They are awesome gloves although I haven't tried them in the rain. Once it gets into the 30s I find those gloves to be too warm, but maybe one with less insulation could work. Pearl does have alot of options and I love their gear. I might try a pair or 2 no name gloves off amazon too and see how that goes.

Class Clown
    Dive gloves actually sound like a good idea too

Class Clown
    In my continued search I've looked at many gloves online...biking gloves, work gloves, double/triple dipped pvc gloves...and finally over gloves. Should have thought of them earlier. They are basically the same as my overshoes but for the hands obviously. Particularly I am looking at Rain Off's and the good part is I can wear any glove with them. Stay tuned for updates.

I quit e-MTBR
    The PI WxB gloves are on sale for $50 (half off), down to $40 with member coupon starting tomorrow, at REI.

Good review here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dundundata View Post
    Dive gloves actually sound like a good idea too
    Yes, I bought some paddling gloves - 2mm(?) neoprene with synthetic leather palms. They get wet but keep the hands warm-ish.MEC H2O 2mm Gloves Unisex (Unisex) - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available

Class Clown
    I'm going to give the pearls a try, got them for $50 on amazon. I love my 3x1s so these should be good for above freezing temps. I may still consider the Rain Off Overgloves, they look amazing and get good reviews.

Rain Off