• 06-17-2017
    Picard
    wash knee pad in washing machine?
    How do you guys wash knee pad in washing machine efficiently?

do you just throw in washing machine?
  • 06-17-2017
    jacksonlui
    Thats what i do. Then sun dry. Helps get rid of smell. You cam soak in a little bit of vinegar to kill bacteria. Some ppl put baking soda.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • 06-17-2017
    Legbacon
    All the time, air dry.
  • 06-17-2017
    Cayenne_Pepa
    Yep....air dry in Sun, gets rid of all knee funk odors.
  • 06-18-2017
    Picard
    ok. I will wash it with strong vinegar
  • 06-18-2017
    evasive
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Picard View Post

You nailed it: the most efficient way to wash knee pad in washing machine is to put them in the washing machine.
  • 06-18-2017
    vikb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Picard View Post

I throw in all my pads. Ideally get the GF's pads in and set it to small load on the heavy duty setting. Dry them in the dryer on low for a short period of time.

I've been using the same pads for years with no stink or degradation issues.
  • 06-18-2017
    jacksonlui
    I usually soak in vinegar and water rather than wash with it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • 06-18-2017
    Lone Rager
    Washing machine with some oxiclean or borax, then into the dryer on low heat. Oxiclean and borax kill odors. Either works for dunking helmets, cycling shoes, etc. too.
  • 06-18-2017
    Rocky Mtn
    ^ into sure how to read the above? Are you saying you put your helmet in the washing machine?
  • 06-18-2017
    vikb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn View Post
    ^ into sure how to read the above? Are you saying you put your helmet in the washing machine?

Make sure you use a front loader on delicate. ;)
  • 06-18-2017
    gckless
    Yep, I throw mine in there too. Air dry. No problems yet. I wash mine every few rides, or when they start to get really stinky.

It also helps to rinse them thoroughly with water after every ride. That should extend the time between washings, and potentially extend the life of the pads.
  • 06-19-2017
    Lone Rager
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn View Post

I mentioned "dunking" helmets and shoes as opposed to putting them in the washing machine. i.e. put some warm water in a bucket, add some oxiclean or borax, push the items in and swish around a bit, then rinse well.