Warranty coverage for Shimano shoes?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Warranty coverage for Shimano shoes?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience getting a pair of defective Shimano shoes replaced. I have a pair that is only about a year and a half old and the entire rubber sole of the shoe split open so badly I can't even wear them. My last pair of shoes (Answer) were significantly cheaper and lasted several years longer than this, I only replaced them because they were so old. I bought the shoes new at a Trek store but didn't keep the receipt. I plan on contacting Shimano to see what they say. Anyone ever done this or am I wasting my time?

psycho cyclo addict
    Prolly wasting your time unless you bought some seriously high end ones. I had a pair that just about made it 2 years or ~3500-4000 miles (where other brands have lasted much longer).

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience getting a pair of defective Shimano shoes replaced. I have a pair that is only about a year and a half old and the entire rubber sole of the shoe split open so badly I can't even wear them. My last pair of shoes (Answer) were significantly cheaper and lasted several years longer than this, I only replaced them because they were so old. I bought the shoes new at a Trek store but didn't keep the receipt. I plan on contacting Shimano to see what they say. Anyone ever done this or am I wasting my time?
    Same thing happened to me. Sounded like it wasn't worth pursuing so I abused them pretty hard for a season of CX racing.

EDR
    1 year warranty on shoes
    Warranty

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I called, they said 1 year but they can be cool if close to 1 year. They have a claim form online or take them to your LBS.