Warmest Gloves??- Mtbr.com
    Older & Slower
    May 2006

Warmest Gloves??

My hands regularly freeze during my 2-4 hour morning rides. I will ride in the 20s (plus wind chill). My fingers go numb and get very painful.

PLEASE HELP!!!...Can you recommend the warmest winter glove (or glove combo = outer and inner glove) you have ever owned? I need brand and model specifics, please.

mtbr member
    Pogies.

Rarely do I have an issue with hands mtb or road. Tho I know I do not like bulky gloves such as the heavier Pearl Lobsters.

I've only used a set of pogies once but they were great.

Good luck.
    I figure the odds be fifty-fifty.

Delirious Tuck
    I wear POC DH gloves, sweaty in the summers, warm in the winter, and great in high impact situations. For road I have a pair of Endura gloves that seem to be very wind and weather resistant, which is a big contributing factor to cold hands, they're warm to boot. I don't ride road much so don't take my word for it for road. MTB though, the POCs are great.

uh, or something!

get some

of those hand warmers they sell at job lot.....work like a charm in my lobster claws....in the dead of winter.
    Life is a drink and you get drunk.... when you're young.....

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    best ones i've found have been xc ski gloves. warm, but meant for aerobic activity, and gripping something. also have a pair of ems climbing/belaying rope gloves that work great until into the 20F range, then have to bust out the big meats.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

?hipster?
    I have always had problems with cold hands, Pearl I Lobsters are the only ones that work for me.

mtbr member
    661 "Storm" gloves work great for me down to about 25 degrees. If it's below 25, I'll wear a pair of the Performance brand glove liners under the 661's. I rarely have cold hands with this combo.

Members who have read this thread: 0