Uvex quatro pro- Mtbr.com

Thread: Uvex quatro pro

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Uvex quatro pro

Apologies for the duplicate posting - also in the reviews, but I was directed to the Uvex xp cc by this forum (thanks to all who directed me towards this helmet) and have been coping with the recall - I just didn't want to have to give up my helmet after how happy I have been with my current (former) helmet...

I was dismayed to have to deal with the recent recall on the Uvex xp cc, as a result of an apparently faulty anchor, and, as a Canadian - no replacement lid, just a refund.

The Uvex xp cc, ? successor to the remarkably highly rated xp 100 was a dream - light, remarkably easy to fit, and comfortable. I was particularly a fan of the ratchet system for clipping the helmet on as it could be done with one hand, and the padded chinstrap - which was great mid ride when everything is sweaty and the nylon stretched - easy to take up the slack. Adjustments mid ride could be done single handed.

The new Uvex quattro pro is even more comfortable (how is this possible?) and has retained all the strengths of its predecessors. The camera mounting system probably works for GoPro fans but with a little macgyvering manages my Gloworm lights and now they snap on and off - brilliant! I'll update if my opinion changes. Happy again, going riding this W/E in the snow!

mtbr member
    Glad to hear. The xp CC is the best fitting helmet I have had so I was bummed when I heard about the recall too. I just sent it back to uvex yesterday and look forward to receiving the Quatro Pro as a replacement.