Uvex Jakkyl Hde, Proframe, or other ultralight full-face lids?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Uvex Jakkyl Hde, Proframe, or other ultralight full-face lids?

Curious if anyone has experience with Uvex Jakkyl Hde. It's a removable chinbar job, seems like a nice design but availability is pretty limited.

We have some pretty gnarly local trails that are only accessible pedaling. I prefer a FF for these, and I've used a Bell Super 2R before, but I find it pretty limited in protection and I don't love the fit. I most often carry a FF helmet on my back/bike for the climbs anyway, so convertability is not essential.

I recently tried on a Fox Proframe; that seems like a legit FF helmet that's been lightened and vented, unlike the Super where the chin bar seems like more of an afterthought and the whole helmet fits much higher on my head.

I'm also interested in the Leatt FF/halfshell convertible helmet, but seems availability is very delayed for some reason.

Any other ultralight FF options folks recommend?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Met Parachute ticks all the boxes for me - not convertible but ventilation is excellent.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Curious if anyone has experience with Uvex Jakkyl Hde. It's a removable chinbar job, seems like a nice design but availability is pretty limited.

We have some pretty gnarly local trails that are only accessible pedaling. I prefer a FF for these, and I've used a Bell Super 2R before, but I find it pretty limited in protection and I don't love the fit. I most often carry a FF helmet on my back/bike for the climbs anyway, so convertability is not essential.

I recently tried on a Fox Proframe; that seems like a legit FF helmet that's been lightened and vented, unlike the Super where the chin bar seems like more of an afterthought and the whole helmet fits much higher on my head.

I'm also interested in the Leatt FF/halfshell convertible helmet, but seems availability is very delayed for some reason.

Any other ultralight FF options folks recommend?
    Holy smokes man I am in the exact same boat, even currently in a Super 2R. The only thing I don't see on your list is the MET Parachute.

The Leatt DBX 3.0 Enduro V2 (man that's a mouthful) is due out in September, I checked with them about 2wks ago. Pre orders going on now.

My challenge right now is accepting a full time full face option. I ride in Pisgah in NC and it's entirely warranted. We have long simple climbs and rowdy/punishing descents. I'll be totally honest, part of that is the image of it, part of it is I don't believe you when you say it vents as well as a half shell. It just isn't intuitive! If I can get past these two points, the Proframe will probably have my dollars. If not, leaning to the Leatt. I am a big fan of dual density foams (Leatt Armourgel and Fox Varizorb).

Good luck let us know what you decide.