Underwear for riding with no chamois- Mtbr.com
    ultra member

Underwear for riding with no chamois

Can anyone recommend some compression shorts to wear under my baggy shorts? I have several pairs of under armor and various other brands, but they all have seams right under where my sitbones contact the saddle, causing a bit of chaffing after about an hour of riding. Really just looking for something with no seams in the butt/crotch area.
    Somersaults... that's how I roll.

mtbr member
    I wear SAXX. Ill have to check and see if there is a seam on them as Im really not sure. They arent compression shorts but they hold the goods up in place just fine. They have a sort of "pouch" or netting on the sides. Favorite underwear by far.

https://www.saxxunderwear.com/products/sxbb30f_blk

mtbr member
    I can't tolerate a chamois anymore. Even the thin ones are too bulky and hold too much moisture, leading to major chafing in our hot AZ climate. Thin lycra-like underwear under baggies for me. Brands that work for me include Duluth Trading Armachillo, Reebok, and Adidas. All have a gussetted crotch with a panel under the taint area and seams off to the side. All work equally well but I like the feel of the Reeboks material best.
    Last edited by veloborealis; 07-17-2018 at 07:22 AM.
    Veni vidi velo!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Reeboks are my favorite but cheeks get chaffed. I have done fifteen mile runs with no creams in them without an issue. Endura trekkit is my go to on the trail. I find the only time I chaffe is if the shorts are a bit snug around my calves.

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Shorts snug around calves?

I think I've found your problem.

mtbr member
    I like Tesla's mus17 compression short. I can't post a link from amazon app, but they are $10-14 and on prime. I have only ordered my regular size. They fit well and provide light compression when worn under riding shorts, but the vendor states to size down if you want more compression.

mtbr member
    I just came across Cariloha underwear and noticed the seams are different from my Under Armor and Ex Officio. They look like they may be what you need:

https://www.amazon.com/Cariloha-Bamb...ct_top?ie=UTF8

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Try the Patagonia thin boxer briefs. I wear them in hot days and they work great.

turtles make me hot
    Duluth Trading Buck Naked Boxer Briefs. Not compression but excellent wicking and most importantly, no uncomfortable seams.
    I like the longer ones. Just like bike shorts.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-b...-boxers-briefs
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I only ride with 2xu compression underwear and baggies these days. Definitely more expensive than other brands, but they have excellent compression and do a great job wicking away sweat. No seams and I've used them for rides over 7 hours. If you take care of them they last a long time so you save $ in the long run.

방랑외국인
    edit - didnt realize you said no chamois. I can't imagine, my ass would never forgive

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drich View Post
    I only ride with 2xu compression underwear and baggies these days. Definitely more expensive than other brands, but they have excellent compression and do a great job wicking away sweat. No seams and I've used them for rides over 7 hours. If you take care of them they last a long time so you save $ in the long run.
    i also use the 2xu tri shorts and regular compression shorts. mainly use them on road rides. going to start using them on my mtb rides.

mtbr member
    I have used a variety of synthetic boxers and boxer briefs and not had any issues at all.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com