tunes for helmet cam video dvd- Mtbr.com
    Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005

tunes for helmet cam video dvd

I need some advice on what tunes to mate up with my best of helmet cam video from our trip to the Lake Tahoe area this past fall. I figure Ill use Bicycle Race by Queen and maybe another one bites the dust for the wreck footage. Any other ideas? doesnt need to be bike related, just cool music.

mtbr dismember

Not that simple

Quote Originally Posted by nmba guy
    I need some advice on what tunes to mate up with my best of helmet cam video from our trip to the Lake Tahoe area this past fall.
    It's not that simple. You have to pick music that goes with the trail, tempo and attitude of the ride. Without seeing the actual footage it would be difficult to suggest appropriate music. Look at what Pete and MTBBill do.

Formerly DMR For Life
    or you can look at wherewolf's too his movies are amazing too

DMR

I railed it like Kong
    Do all 80's hair bands. That would be sweet.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

Oct 2006
    Depends on what you are into. I prefer somewhat mellow, "the collective-esque" sort of music, but that is what I listen to anyway. Others are more into the heavy/fast/death-metal stuff. If the vid is for you and your buddies and you are not trying to market it or make money, put whatever you want.

Ich bin ein Knolliner
    Here's a tip if you store tunes on your PC: collect and edit all the footage, then insert natural breaks (new trail, new rider, whatever). After you've compiled the video, sort your music (I use iTunes) by song length. If you have enough songs on your PC, you'll find plenty of music of proper length to fit each segment. Just run the tunes through your head. More often than not, an obvious choice jumps out.

Hope that helps and good luck to you.

Currently in Exile
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggurat44
    Depends on what you are into. I prefer somewhat mellow, "the collective-esque" sort of music, but that is what I listen to anyway. Others are more into the heavy/fast/death-metal stuff. If the vid is for you and your buddies and you are not trying to market it or make money, put whatever you want.
    Interesting that you should post this. I have checked out many of MTBIll's, Pete's, and Steves newer videos and have noticed a trend towards more mellow music. Not that any of those guys was ever using metal all that much, but there does seem to be a trend in the mellow/flowy direction.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

mtbr member
    Hot For Teacher > VH, nuff said.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    One thing I didn't see mentioned is that the same raw footage can be cut into many different video's, and therefore set to many different types of music. It would be impossible to even tell that the two video's came from the same ride.

Use your Mojo, watch the raw footage listen to various songs as you begin to cut, every now and then it will click.

Members who have read this thread: 0