Troy Lee Designs - Grind Jersey- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2018

Troy Lee Designs - Grind Jersey

Recently I saw a "professional youtuber" wearing a pretty cool Flannel. Troy Lee was printed on the front so I paused the video and decided to look up the shirt.
    Sure enough, easy find. It is called the "Grind" jersey. As with most things fashionable and branded it comes with a hefty price tag at $70+.

By the power of the internet, other model years of the jersey were offered up for a much more affordable cost of $43 and change I think it was. And in my size (Medium).

In person, the print is spot on to mimic a flannel. The material, however, is of course MTB friendly. First thing I did was toss it in the washing machine. I was amazed how the water bounced off the material.
    Many reviews state the sleeves could be longer, and I agree. To wear it normal is just a tad short but arms extended attacking the trails it is a little short. For me, it's not short enough to not recommend it.

It only has one zippered pocket which will fit my Galaxy S7 Edge. It's on the right back. The chest pocket has a single snap in the center, no flap. Good for snacks at least.

The cuffs have double snaps. The front is all snaps, space closely enough to not pucker. They feel secure and easy to fasten. It fits true to size as most of my other shirts are size medium.

There are still a few of these floating around on the internet for this price. The two for the model year I purchased are a Yellow one and a Red one. I purchased both. The red is more of a burnt red color, not bright.

Different model years have a different pocket arrangement too. But the ones I have seem to work well. For me, at least one secure pocket is important.
    I've only worn it once and it was comfortable with a thin base layer under it. It was 50 degrees and windy and it kept me more than sufficiently warm. Except for the damp shaded areas I could have gotten away without the thin thermal base.
    I can't speak to tear resistance or how it holds up to washings at this time.
    I'm not a fan of yellow, necessarily. However, this does match my 2016 stumpjumper with yellow accents and orange/yellow fork.

So if you're in the need for a decently priced long sleeve, maybe one of the internet sites can hook you up while there are a few left. EVO may be your best bet right now.

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Rider View Post
    Recently I saw a "professional youtuber" wearing a pretty cool Flannel. Troy Lee was printed on the front so I paused the video and decided to look up the shirt.
    Sure enough, easy find. It is called the "Grind" jersey. As with most things fashionable and branded it comes with a hefty price tag at $70+.

By the power of the internet, other model years of the jersey were offered up for a much more affordable cost of $43 and change I think it was. And in my size (Medium).

In person, the print is spot on to mimic a flannel. The material, however, is of course MTB friendly. First thing I did was toss it in the washing machine. I was amazed how the water bounced off the material.
    Many reviews state the sleeves could be longer, and I agree. To wear it normal is just a tad short but arms extended attacking the trails it is a little short. For me, it's not short enough to not recommend it.

It only has one zippered pocket which will fit my Galaxy S7 Edge. It's on the right back. The chest pocket has a single snap in the center, no flap. Good for snacks at least.

The cuffs have double snaps. The front is all snaps, space closely enough to not pucker. They feel secure and easy to fasten. It fits true to size as most of my other shirts are size medium.

There are still a few of these floating around on the internet for this price. The two for the model year I purchased are a Yellow one and a Red one. I purchased both. The red is more of a burnt red color, not bright.

Different model years have a different pocket arrangement too. But the ones I have seem to work well. For me, at least one secure pocket is important.
    I've only worn it once and it was comfortable with a thin base layer under it. It was 50 degrees and windy and it kept me more than sufficiently warm. Except for the damp shaded areas I could have gotten away without the thin thermal base.
    I can't speak to tear resistance or how it holds up to washings at this time.
    I'm not a fan of yellow, necessarily. However, this does match my 2016 stumpjumper with yellow accents and orange/yellow fork.

So if you're in the need for a decently priced long sleeve, maybe one of the internet sites can hook you up while there are a few left. EVO may be your best bet right now.
    Thatís a kick ass shirt. Could I get away wearing it with jeans off the bike? I wear my Sombrio, Dakine, Specialized, and Oakley plaid shirts at work all the time. If so, itís going on the list for Santa. If not Iím going to pass. I like to be able to double up my biking attire that way.

Sonofa b. I canít find it anywhere.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    2019 Rocky Mountain Altitude C70 Custom
    2018 Pivot Mach 5.5 Custom
    2018 Orange Alpine 6 Custom
    2017 Knolly Warden Custom