Troy Lee Design D2 Helmet: Help a Froggie please!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Troy Lee Design D2 Helmet: Help a Froggie please!

Hello all,

First of all, sorry for my english. I will try to do my best!

I'm looking to buy quite soon a D2 helmet (i love this helmet, even if it's pricey), just because I bought a new bike, and because i'm living not to far away from "les alpes".

My question is related to this helmet: it's written here (for example) that the D2 don't come with an upper roost guard.

I don't understand what is a "roost guard". Is it a nose deflector on the upper shin bar? I don't understand why, cause it really brings something to this helmet.

So, I hope you will be able to help me to understand exactly what does it means, cause i'm struggling, and even my Robert & Collins dictionnary can't help me!

ps: On the following link, it seems that they speak about something near the chin, so i don't understand now... ( http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/troy-le...gns-d2-carbon/ )

"The roost guard. You either love it or hate it. I had a friend completely cut his out, and others who swear by it. If you have a big chin or some facial hair you could always just trim the plastic roost guard back a bit."

Sincerely,

Mydriaze, from France.

There's no app for this.

Je Pense c'est un

error on the website; Roost Guard is upper body armour like this (same site)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/S...ch=roost+guard

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=34498

You can check by emailing the people at Chain Reaction.

Good luck, Jim

mtbr member
    I believe (since the comments are referring to the helmet) that the roost guard in this case is not body armor.

I would think it is referencing the plastic at the top of this picture. Roost guard that keeps gunk from coming in the bottom of the helmet.

There's no app for this.

thanks for that correction

I tried to check it before i posted the other answer, but there's little or no reference anywhere about that gunk guard. I never knew such a thing existed, and I've been using FF helmets for years.

I guess there's always something to learn....Jim

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes, i believe as well the roost guard is near the chin. But, and this is funny - there's no nose deflector on the 2009 models. I don't know why cause it was pretty class... For me, little frenchie, the roost guard was the nose deflector, or maybe it's just a removable part?

Check here:

Members who have read this thread: 0