Trek 970, pink helmet, onion rings, & ice cream- Mtbr.com

Aug 2004

... and if we just ... Trek 970, pink helmet, onion rings, & ice cream

Big Kathy is my "new" lunchtime beater bike.

I usually eat downtown, but every now and then I'll burn fossil fuels to eat somewhere else like Parilla or Fanci Freeze. Even though those places are "close", hoofing it can have not-so-good consequences like being late for work or even worse needing to visit the nearest toilet or bush ASAP. And let's face it, walking back to the office after eating 5 tacos with the pineapple and corn salsa at Parilla on a hot July afternoon ain't fun.

Now that the weather is getting nicer, if I ever want to leave the downtown core at lunch, instead of using my cars, I just hop on Big Kathy and I'm good to go.

She does need some work though:
    The handlebar is slightly askew....
    The front wheel shimmys a lil' bit....
    I wanna put those slicks on her...

I really don't want to put much into her since I do keep her locked outside and will only use her a couple of times a week. I don't anticipate bringing this thing back to the 2C until sometime in the fall. Ideally I'd like to SS her and put a rack with a basket on there, but that's gonna be put off for a bit until I get some free $ or if someone wants to take pity on me and has a spare day to work on her.

I keep her locked in front of the post office here downtown. I prodealed a new Kryptonite U-lock and chain lock and so far no problems. I *think* that the post office building has a 24 hour security guard roaming the grounds.

I try to stay off the sidewalks as much as I can and on today's ride the only time I was on the sidewalk was going south on 8th Street from Washington. 8th Street runs one-way north and the post office, as well as my office, is on 8th and Bannock.

And in the next posts...camera phone pix!!!

Aug 2004
    1) Big Kathy at the post office.
    2) Yes I rock the pink taco helmet!
    3) Heading down Washington....Boise High on the right and the Downtown YMCA on the left.
    4) Mmmm.....Fanci Freez.
    5) Lunch. It's probably why my fat ass struggles up anything that goes up a hill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aug 2004
    1) Not sure which Baptist church that is. It's the one right across from the BHS tennis courts.
    2) Yet another reason why my fat ass struggles up a hill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Performance art at its finest. Post of the year!
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    mmmm fanci freez
    Everytime that wheel turn round
    bound to cover just a little more ground!

just a man
    The rear helmet shot with the phone cam could be considered "extreme photography" for sure.

The junk food got my mouth watering Nick....speaking of which, the free lunch in exchange for the tires, etc. still stands. Redeem soon.

mtbr member
    I wish I was paying attention when you were looking for a beater bike- I have one that would have fit the bill. It is a 95 Spec. HardRock Sport, Champagne in color. It would have matched your pink helmet better. If anyone else is interested, let me know.

Aug 2004
    How much you wanna sell it for?

mtbr member
    dang, I have not really put that much thought into it, nor do I really have an idea of what it is worth. Wanna make an offer?

BMX:Our Shining Future

i love it!

that just turned my twisted crank! the food shots are sweet. thanks for the spirit lifter

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod7219
    dang, I have not really put that much thought into it, nor do I really have an idea of what it is worth. Wanna make an offer?
    I'll shoot you a PM this evening.

Members who have read this thread: 0