Trailtech Helmet Mount- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Trailtech Helmet Mount

Since I've seen a lot of discussion about trailtech lights on the board, I thought there may be some interest in a helmet mount I worked out for a friend a while back.

It's an old Vistalite mount for the VL / Nightstick series of lights. I had to use a grinder to remove a little material right near the pivot point to get it to match the profile of the housing. I removed the 2 screws that attach the stock mount and used a single longer screw and a small washer to attach the Vistalite mount. I was able to get the Vistalite mounts at the following URL fairly recently, but I don't have any idea how many they have.

https://www.webersports.com/store/Vi...t-P467C39.aspx

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Nice solution! I’m assuming it’s got some form of pad to protect the helmet, or have you made your own?

Dave.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The Vistalite mount comes with velcro attached to the bottom of the mount and the mating pieces that you can stick to your helmet. It also comes with the velcro strap you can feed through the vent holes of the helmet. I assume they just want to give you multiple mounting options. I don't typically use the velcro that's sticks to the helmet, but I leave the side that's stuck to the bottom of the mount in places as it does seem to serve as a good pad. In the pictures, I didn't bother to remove the pieces that go on the helmet and you can see the white pieces of paper that cover up the sticky part.

bro not pro

stock mount

here's what the TThelmetMount.jpgock mount from BatterySpace.com looks like
    Attached Images Attached Images
    G O N Z

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Photos can be deceiving, but the Vistalite mount solution definitely looks a bit more compact!

bro not pro

Good job!

agree .. the Vista solution is more compact and eloquent.
    G O N Z

Members who have read this thread: 0