TLD Helmets in Phoenix???- Mtbr.com
    Pivoteer

TLD Helmets in Phoenix???

Anyone know of a shop in Phoenix or surrounding areas that carry Troy Lee Designs full face helmets? I would like to check them out and have the opportunity to try one on to see how they fit.
    Employed by Pivot Cycles - www.pivotcycles.com

I think I need to Upgrade
    Kore Bikes in North Tempe (Scottsdale just north of McKellips) might have one or two in stock.

Team Tortuga
    Ride Now Motor Sports,

I thought I saw some at Gordy's Bike Shop,

Any motorsports store is worth stopping by as they will probably have them.

sixsixtysix
    Check Ride Now Motor Sports in Chandler, they have a pretty big helmet selection.

Pivoteer
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Check Ride Now Motor Sports in Chandler, they have a pretty big helmet selection.

Do they have bicycle helmets or moto? looking for the bicycle helmets.

oh Lucky me
    i think i saw some in Gordy's the other day....

imo if you want a full face to do downhill (dont know if you do but that seems to be the norm) i would go with a moto. while a bike helmet has to meet / excede specific requirements, moto helmets have to be DOT certified and again, imo, offer more noggin protection.

just my .02
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    Do they have bicycle helmets or moto? looking for the bicycle helmets.
    No point in dropping $375 on a TLD bike helmet, just get a DOT one and never look back. They both are hot, they both are heavy and they are both expensive, so you might as well get the most protection for the money.

The D2 and now the new 2010 D3 are nice helmets, but I'll keep my head intact with a DOT after repeated impacts. Check out the 661 Fenix too, its the same amount of money and DOT, SNELL approved.

Pivoteer
    I have been looking at the new Shoei VFX-W because I have always used Shoei road helmets. They just fit right. The money is not a factor as it is my noggin, but i was curious how the TLD compared since they seem to have more certifications than any other cycling helmet. I have a 661 carbon helmet that I love, but it is time to replace after a wreck in Whistler.

sixsixtysix
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er
    I have been looking at the new Shoei VFX-W because I have always used Shoei road helmets. They just fit right. The money is not a factor as it is my noggin, but i was curious how the TLD compared since they seem to have more certifications than any other cycling helmet. I have a 661 carbon helmet that I love, but it is time to replace after a wreck in Whistler.
    Kavurider rides a TLD lid, I think there are some things he does/doesn't like about it, but he'd have to chime in with his opinions.

I am looking at the 661 Fenix for myself, they are a little heavy, but super comfy and a ton of protection. Currently I ride a Rockgardn Blacklite, which is one of the lightest and cheapest DOT helmets you can get ($150) and its saved my noggin quite a few times.

More than anything, I just like DOT lids since you are less likely to need to replace them after a good wreck.

oh Lucky me

More than anything, I just like DOT lids since you are less likely to need to replace them after a good wreck.

couldnt agree more
    ...Dying is the easy part, its living that's the challenge...

Shred...it's the new drug
    +1 on the TLD DOT. I ride with the Wardy Speed equiptment and I love it. I've knocked my knoggin quite a few times on that lid and it's kept coming back for more. It's just a little heavier than the carbon bike lids, but if you ever hit holbert (pun intended) you'll love having one. Make sure you get a lighter color than black...mine's an oven after 10am in the sun. Just makes me ride faster

I think I need to Upgrade
    If you are going to go for a Moto helmet, try Cycle Gear on Country Club and Southern, they are just north of Southern on the west side of the street. I picked up a Fox Moto helmet for a about $140 on sale from $250 last december plus they won't try to sell you a quad or dirt bike while you are there which is a bonus to me.

Oh there is also the Motorcycle Accesory Shop on Apache/Main just east of the 101 on the south side of the road, they have good prices and they are good people also!

Pablo Escobar
    Currently I ride a Rockgardn Blacklite, which is one of the lightest and cheapest DOT helmets you can get ($150) and its saved my noggin quite a few times.
    Hello,
    How do you like it and did you buy it in the valley? If so, would you kindly direct me where please?
    I am looking to buy a DOT rated full face helmet and that seems pretty light from what I have found and $130-150 is in range.
    Adios

Members who have read this thread: 0