TLD D3 Helmets are now available from RideSFO!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Listen! TLD D3 Helmets are now available from RideSFO!

mtbr member
    I find most of the TLD stuff way over the top (if you are wearing a helmet with blue flames on it you better be really fast) but that one you have looks pretty nice actually.

mtbr member
    Thanks. I am pumped on it. It is the most mellow of the new designs.

Word on the street there will be a blank carbon one in the future, but I have no idea on when.

The fit is SO much more comfortable than my D2.

I just wanna go fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus
    I find most of the TLD stuff way over the top (if you are wearing a helmet with blue flames on it you better be really fast)
    Eh, I don't see the big deal. Why does someone have to be fast before they can have a helmet they like?

I say if you are wearing a helmet with blue flames on it, you better like blue flames.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdamschen
    Eh, I don't see the big deal. Why does someone have to be fast before they can have a helmet they like?

I say if you are wearing a helmet with blue flames on it, you better like blue flames.
    Maybe I'm just old. To me it's the equivalent of having some crazy paint/body kit on your honda civic that has 100hp under the hood. "Hey everybody look at me, look at me!" (I'm a poseur). Like I said, I'm not 16 so maybe I don't get it.

I just wanna go fast!
    That may be true. I just hate to think that someone would balk at buying a helmet/gear/bike or something that was nice just because they felt they were not fast enough to wear/ride/use it.

I'm getting a moto helmet soon and I'm probably going to get a tld with the brightest paint job I can find and I'm slow on a dirt bike. I'm getting the tld because I like the fit and I'm getting the gnarly bright paint job so someone can find my sorry @ss when I blow a corner and end up in a tree 100 feet away from the trail.

mtbr member
    How about making a helmet in a single light color (like POC)?

mtbr member
    Alright I don't have much time to do a write up right now, but I wanted to get the photo comparison of the D2 vs. D3 up with the Leatt. I am very pleased with the design and fit with the Leatt.

Right side:

Fox goggle fit:

Headphone slot:

Medical information on visor (this is on both visors that come with the helmet):

Sam Hill:

The bag:

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    That**** is Sick!!!

mtbr member
    Thanks!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Flyin Canine
    Josh, great pics that really show off the differences. Thanks for taking the time.

I especially like the side pic. It really shows the new helmet seems to have better peripheral vision. Oh yeah and in the one front shot with the D2 on you look drunk

CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
    Quote Originally Posted by joshed
    Thanks!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Does it affect your height?

In the D3 you appear to be about 2~3" taller!!

Nice helmet
    Master of the unintentional track stand.

mtbr member
    Thanks!

Haha I think my fiance who took the photos was standing while taking some of the photos and sitting in others. =]

Shane, no problem at all. And maybe I was? That or I was about to blink.

mtbr member
    First ride impressions:

I totally dig it. It feels a lot safer and comfy than the D2. And I really noticed all the new venting once I started descending down the hill. WAY more air flow than the D2. I noticed a little better peripheral vision with the D3 compared to the D2 too. The extra room for the Leatt is CRAZY nice. It really seemed like I wasn't even wearing it with the free range of movement I have now. My goggles fit in the opening great (Fox MX goggles).

Over all, a VERY nice upgrade from the D2 and well worth the money for the gain in movement while wearing the Leatt.

Again, if anyone has any questions just let me know and I would be happy to try and answer them for you!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Ok, I have a HUGE Head. I mean huge. the only full face that fits me is a large Giro Remedy. Im sck of getting that helmet. I want the D3 bad. The XXL says it fits up to 8 1/4. i think. I wear a size 8 hat. everybody says the TLD helmets fit snug. what should i do?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Try one on. Head shape matters more then size. The only reason I wear a TLD is that they fit my head better then anything else on the market.

Members who have read this thread: 0