TLD Body Armor?- Mtbr.com

Thread: TLD Body Armor?

Sep 2004

TLD Body Armor?

Just found this. Anybody tried it? How do you like it? Looks pretty good from the back

May 2004
    it looks nice... but i just got my dainese so i would rather have the safety jacket

but if i had to buy body armor by myself, and without my parents it would be a tough decision between that and rockgardn.

looks nice tho

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    it looks nice... but i just got my dainese so i would rather have the safety jacket

but if i had to buy body armor by myself, and without my parents it would be a tough decision between that and rockgardn.

looks nice tho
    ur parents buy u stuff?!! Lucky. My parents make me pay for every single cent of anything i want.

May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBSully
    ur parents buy u stuff?!! Lucky. My parents make me pay for every single cent of anything i want.
    it was for xmas... and yes.. it took 3 months to deliver it.

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    it was for xmas... and yes.. it took 3 months to deliver it.
    oh okay

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBSully
    Shocks, pegs . . . lucky.

Anyway, the TLD armor is very similar to the new Azonic Z6 jacket (and, despite reports to the contrary, shares a lot of construction with the new Rockgarden stuff). I've always been a fan of the old Azonic Z5 jacket and the new Z6 doesn't disappoint in terms of fit, ventilation, and protection. The big difference between the Azonic and the TLD is that the Troy Lee model doesn't have hard protection on the chest. Some guys think that's a big downside, which is understandable, but we may recall that the older Dainese stuff didn't have plastic on the chest until 2002 I think.

www.Go-Ride.com
    866-467-4334

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by James @ Go-Ride
    Shocks, pegs . . . lucky.

Anyway, the TLD armor is very similar to the new Azonic Z6 jacket (and, despite reports to the contrary, shares a lot of construction with the new Rockgarden stuff). I've always been a fan of the old Azonic Z5 jacket and the new Z6 doesn't disappoint in terms of fit, ventilation, and protection. The big difference between the Azonic and the TLD is that the Troy Lee model doesn't have hard protection on the chest. Some guys think that's a big downside, which is understandable, but we may recall that the older Dainese stuff didn't have plastic on the chest until 2002 I think.
    the new Azonic Z^ imaterial is really soft...no undershirt...ver sweet and cheaper price this year
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days