Titus clothing- Mtbr.com

Thread: Titus clothing

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

New question here. Titus clothing

I just ordered a new jersey from Titus, the new Headbadge jersey to be more specific, due to the fact that Titus doesnīt ship to Mexico had to order it through a third party, and they are trying to charge me compensatory taxes because the garment is made in China, but in the Titus site states that the jersey is made in the USA which due to the NAFTA reduces the taxes to be paid, do you guys own this jersey and of so, can you tell me where is really made? Your responses will be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by apadilla
    I just ordered a new jersey from Titus, the new Headbadge jersey to be more specific, due to the fact that Titus doesnīt ship to Mexico had to order it through a third party, and they are trying to charge me compensatory taxes because the garment is made in China, but in the Titus site states that the jersey is made in the USA which due to the NAFTA reduces the taxes to be paid, do you guys own this jersey and of so, can you tell me where is really made? Your responses will be appreciated.
    bummer! Sorry, can't answer your question - but next time, just ask someone if you can paypal them the money and have them order it then turn around and ship it to you. It'll add like $10 to the price but then have them check the "GIFT" box on the USPS label and you should be good to go!

"El Whatever"
    Firstly... welcome aboard!!

You're one of the few lucky ones who own a Titus in Mexico!
    I have a Switchblade and Rzozaya1969 has a Motolite.

By any chance isn't yours a Blue/Silver ML with a Psylo fork? Becuase I saw that one at the Ajusco last sunday and it seems to me is one of the newest Motolites sold by last October (?) with the polished rear end and RP23 shock.

Well... back to your question... If the Customs is charging you, it will be very difficult to convince the Customs Agent not to be charged. Simple as that unless you go yourself to discuss the issue with the Customs Clerk which is next to impossible.

Voler used to make Titus jerseys... and they're indeed made in the USA. However, I don't know who make the new Titus clothes.

Maybe your best bet is to pay the taxes and then claim a return if the jersey is made in the USA indeed.

As for Titus not shipping direct... next time drop me a PM and we'll get it sorted out.

It sucks.... please give us more details and we'll try to work it out.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Upset

Thanks for your prompt answers, and no Warp, I live in GDL and to be sincere I donīt know if there is another Titus around this area, going back to the point, which really bothers me is the fact the Titus states "Made in the USA jersey" and after all you find out that is a chinese product and taxable for a huge amount of surcharges, had I know its origin from the very beginning I hadnīt purchased the mentioned jersey.

mtbr member
    have you checked ebay, there's usually several titus jerseys on there. i don't know if the new stuff is out there yet though...

"El Whatever"
    Thanks for your prompt answers, and no Warp, I live in GDL and to be sincere I donīt know if there is another Titus around this area, going back to the point, which really bothers me is the fact the Titus states "Made in the USA jersey" and after all you find out that is a chinese product and taxable for a huge amount of surcharges, had I know its origin from the very beginning I hadnīt purchased the mentioned jersey.
    Well... bummer...

I have a Voler jersey (not Titus but mtbr.com) and it's indeed Made in the USA. I knew that Titus jerseys were indeed Voler.

Again, sorry for your experience.

Next time contact Chad from redbarnbicycles.com or Bob from Bikerbob.com. They're regulars on this forums and offer good prices to us and let's say they know how to do for you not to may much taxes (even if it's chinese or wherever).

Odd... I think the Customs Agent is trying to rip you off... As far as I understand, if the Commercial Invoice says that the Country of Origin is USA, it doesn't matter where the item comes from. I don't think they're requesting a Certificate of Origin, do they?

Oh, well... May you need anything else, let me know.

Any chance for you to come and get a ride over here??
    It seems there are more Titus owners that we think
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2006

My apologies

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to apologize for the mistake on our website with regards to origin of our Team jerseys. I am responsible for maintaining the web store and in a rush to put the new apparel on-line I assumed that our new clothing vendor Pactimo, a U.S. based company, also made our team wear in the US like our clothing from last year. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused anyone.

Jeff

Members who have read this thread: 0