• 11-21-2008
    nautilus
    Are there any clipless shoes out there like the five10's?
    I've got a pair of 661 filters, and while they were an ok shoe they're worn out now and I would like to replace them with something better. I really like the looks of the five10's but they don't offer them in clipless.

Basically I'm looking for a burly low top clipless shoe that has some more padding then my 661's, does such a thing exist?

Also, I know this isn't exactly what I'm looking for but I think I might be better off with some pearl izumi "x-alp enduro's" than to go for another pair of 661's have any of you had any experience with them?
  • 11-21-2008
    Buster Bluth
    That's an odd request. I've got 5-10's and, while I like the comfort and stickyness, I'm not thrilled with the looks. Fugly IMO.
    :)
  • 11-21-2008
    bankofdad
    Are you looking for a 3/4 top shoe like the 5-10 impacts,I have a pair from specialized called sawpit it is 3/4 high clipless shoe
  • 11-21-2008
    JimC.
    I'm sure there's somethnig
    shimano makes a few that aren't roadie looking, but they don't look like 5-10 either.

Jim

• 11-21-2008
    nautilus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Bluth
    That's an odd request. I've got 5-10's and, while I like the comfort and stickyness, I'm not thrilled with the looks. Fugly IMO.
    :)

Ok, I should have been more clear. I like that they look to be real comfortable, tough, grippy, padded, and durable. I'm not into the styling too much.
  • 11-22-2008
    b45her
    i'd second the DX's very comfy and great value
  • 11-22-2008
    Zendog13
    The DX's are great shoes just beware if you ride sharp, rocky areas, the sole does not hold up to slashing abuse as well as some others do. Despite that I love them.
  • 11-22-2008
    eatdrinkride
    1 Attachment(s)
    A few years back I bought a pair of SixSixOne Nuevo shoes (clipless) on ebay for 15 bucks. They are not good shoes for all day serious biking because they aren't very stiff. In fact you can walk in them all day and they pair up with regular clothing nicely. In fact I still have them because of that reason and I use them sometimes when I'm just tooling around the 'hood with kids or whatnot.

Lots of ankle padding, big cushy tongue and very walkable.
  • 11-22-2008
    airwreck
    1 Attachment(s)
    I hear ya. I only ride spd's about once a week at the most and the majority of my riding is on impacts. I want the feel and sole of the impacts in the spd shoes. I got the specy sawpit when they first came out and eventually the soles broke and the velcro quit working. Ordered the buzzsaws and sent them back, can't remember exactly why now.

I looked hard at all the options and recently got a pair of shimano m51, still haven't ridden in them yet but at least I finally decided on something. They are narrower than impacts, not as much padding and stiffer of course.

Look at the entire shimano line, Cambria seemed to have the most to offer.
  • 11-22-2008
    adhumston
    1 Attachment(s)
    I have a pair of Oakley Radar shoes that sound like they'd be spot on for you. I use them with flats (sticky soles) and spd's. Problem is, I'm not sure they make them anymore, so they might be hard to find.
  • 11-24-2008
    Jet Fuel
    Did Shimano stop making the DX’s? They are hard to find. I could only find one place and they didn’t have my size.