Tall clothing- Mtbr.com

Thread: Tall clothing

mtbr member

Tall clothing

where do you guys shop for tall clothing? workout, biking, and even casual stuff. i'm only 6'4 but i guess i might have long arms because it's a pain to find a long-sleeve shirt that fits. i sometimes buy xxl, but then the shirt is too wide on me (i'm 235 lbs). i'm surprised so little stores carry xlt.

i saw rei carries some xlt online- i'll check them out. when i usually go to big/tall shops, everything is for xxl+ and then tall, but not much of an xlt selection.

thanks!
    ez
    - 1995 Giant ATX 870
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL
    - 2011 Kona Unit (singlespeed) XL

mtbr member

Ride More - Suffer Less
    Zoic stuff fits me well...

http://zoic.com/

Cars Are Evil
    I'm also 6'4", 215lbs and have the same problem. My arms are 37" from spine to wrist. Luckily my wife works at an outdoor store so I get to try a lot of stuff and then get it at really good prices.

Patagonia XL mid-layers are pretty long with good length sleeves. Their jackets can be a bit tight at the shoulders.

Ibex is wonderful stuff! Their merino wool is really soft, breathable, and can go a long time without needing a wash. I wear my XL Shaks all the time except summer. The sleeves even bunch up a little at my wrists. Their annual tent sale was today. We scored big.

Beyond Clothing makes custom outer layers.

I love my Mountain Hardwear Exposure II XXL waterproof shell. It's super rugged and has plenty of room for layers underneath. $200 MSRP isn't too bad for how awesome it is.

LLBean XLT can be hit or miss. Seems like the athletic fit stuff doesn't have long enough sleeves and the "casual" stuff is too baggy. Sometimes it fits. Best to try it first.

Pants are really hard to find, I take a 36x36.
    Duluth Trading has a bunch of options in 36x36. I really like their Firehose pants. Rugged and lots of pockets for my EDC.

I have a great pair of Gore-Tex pants that I got from Cabelas.

I've been up all night so I'm not thinking of others right now. I'll check back later with some more brands.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermont29er
    I'm also 6'4", 215lbs and have the same problem. My arms are 37" from spine to wrist. Luckily my wife works at an outdoor store so I get to try a lot of stuff and then get it at really good prices.

Patagonia XL mid-layers are pretty long with good length sleeves. Their jackets can be a bit tight at the shoulders.

Ibex is wonderful stuff! Their merino wool is really soft, breathable, and can go a long time without needing a wash. I wear my XL Shaks all the time except summer. The sleeves even bunch up a little at my wrists. Their annual tent sale was today. We scored big.

Beyond Clothing makes custom outer layers.

I love my Mountain Hardwear Exposure II XXL waterproof shell. It's super rugged and has plenty of room for layers underneath. $200 MSRP isn't too bad for how awesome it is.

LLBean XLT can be hit or miss. Seems like the athletic fit stuff doesn't have long enough sleeves and the "casual" stuff is too baggy. Sometimes it fits. Best to try it first.

Pants are really hard to find, I take a 36x36.
    Duluth Trading has a bunch of options in 36x36. I really like their Firehose pants. Rugged and lots of pockets for my EDC.

I have a great pair of Gore-Tex pants that I got from Cabelas.

I've been up all night so I'm not thinking of others right now. I'll check back later with some more brands.
    cool. thanks, man. i'll check some out. i agree with cabelas and some of their xlt. i have gore-tex pants in their brand too and they fit perfectly. i just tried on their xlt gore-tex shell jacket this week and i think it was the first time a jacket actually went all the way to the beginning of my thumb.

i'll check out the other stuff too.

how about for a little more dressy stuff like dressier shirts? i can buy fitted dress shirts at 17 36/37 and they fit okay, but those are too fancy for me to wear with jeans or whatever.

thanks again, all!
    ez
    - 1995 Giant ATX 870

Cars Are Evil
    I just got a Horny Toad hoodie that fits great.

Eddie Bauer and Banana Republic have XLT. They have some dressier stuff.

mtbr member
    6'4" 215 myself. JC Penney for causal stuff, they have a big/tall department with some nice stuff, occasionally. I go with the large tall and it fits me perfectly up top as I have the long arms and torso as well. 34" inseam so pants aren't that hard to come by.

For cycling stuff I have one jersey from World Jerseys and it fits well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule
    6'4" 215 myself. JC Penney for causal stuff, they have a big/tall department with some nice stuff, occasionally. I go with the large tall and it fits me perfectly up top as I have the long arms and torso as well. 34" inseam so pants aren't that hard to come by.

For cycling stuff I have one jersey from World Jerseys and it fits well.
    cool. i'll check out jcp, too. i have the same inseam as you and i like how there are no issues with pants.

thanks, man!
    - 1995 Giant ATX 870

slow uphill
    pearl izumi xxl has some length - I just picked up a shop jersey and at 6'8" was very happy with the length front and back

+1 for Eddie Bauer XLT. Their 2009 tech tees are awesome for riding in. The 2010 ones are ok but not really for riding. We'll see what next year brings.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    +2 for Eddie Bauer and JCP...didn't know banana republic had xlt stuff, gonna have to check that our.

Members who have read this thread: 0