SWEET Helmet Cam footage

Printable View

• 01-27-2010
    pcrx
    SWEET Helmet Cam footage
    Edit:
    Texico - fair enough. Not enough time before for me to say "hello" but here it goes.

I am new to the MTBR forum, but not to MTBR, and I have always found the input here and product reviews by actual users to be the best and most accurate. I had to give up my MTB a handful of years ago after having to many back problems (too much MTB in the youth days - lol) and now I ride primarily road and primarily on a recumbent. I feel that the more people who are riding bikes - of any type be they road, recumbents, MTB, hybrids, trikes, cruisers, etc - that is a good thing for all cyclists in general I hope to be here more for not just blog stuff, but for offering up experiences and comments that I hope will be helpful.

Thanks!

:)

Check out the link form my blog to this helmet camera MTB footage from Oakridge, Oregon.

I find this footage to be quite good. It is from a good friend of mine's brother who rides a lot. I am not sure if he is a poster on here... I am going to find out what type of camera he uses too.
  • 01-27-2010
    Texico
    Couldn't you at least say "Hey! I'm new here but I have a bike blog that I write. I have some vid's up and would love some feedback on them."

Sheesh. People are getting so lazy now. At the very least introduce yourself before shamelessly spamming your blog.

Welcome to the forum though.

(I didn't visit your blawg)
  • 01-27-2010
    stingray4540
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Texico
    Couldn't you at least say "Hey! I'm new here but I have a bike blog that I write. I have some vid's up and would love some feedback on them."

Sheesh. People are getting so lazy now. At the very least introduce yourself before shamelessly spamming your blog.

Welcome to the forum though.

(I didn't visit your blawg)

^^ What he said. Except I did try to go watch it, but it took way too long to load, so I never did see it.
  • 01-27-2010
    006_007
    Another vote for tried it, couldnt load it.

• 01-27-2010
    pinkrobe
    That's the thing about helmet cam footage - it always seems so slow. Not saying you were riding the brakes, but it really seems like you were just coasting along. Oh, and what's with the cheesy 80s rock-metal soundtrack? I kept waiting for Kenny Loggins to start singing or something...

It did look like a decent trail...
  • 01-27-2010
    b-kul
    i watched it for a bit, cool trail but it just looked like a perfectly manicured dirt path. i dont see the fun in that.
  • 01-28-2010
    pinkrobe
    Quote:

Originally Posted by b-kul
    i watched it for a bit, cool trail but it just looked like a perfectly manicured dirt path. i dont see the fun in that.

Yah, that too. Everyone seemed to be on full-squish [and some armour?], but there wasn't anything you couldn't roll on a rigid SS. Maybe it's a connector to another trail with more gnar. ;)
  • 01-29-2010
    Texico
    I watched it just now and it looked like a fun trail to me. I don't know how fast you guys are normally going but they looked like they were going at a fairly fast pace to me. The trail looks like fun too. Just single track through the woods. I can appreciate the smooth trails just like I enjoy rooty rocky stuff; both are fun to me.
  • 01-29-2010
    Jim Z in VT
    Everyone's a critic :rolleyes:

It loads fine. Looks like a fun trail. Helmet cams do tend to make trails look flat and uninteresting though. It's probably much better "live" (isn't everything? :-)

Kenny Loggins? WTF?...Kenny Loggins has nothing in common with Joe Satriani....and that track is from 2006. Not that I'd tell anyone what kind of music they have to like. As long as it's not rap ;-)

JZ
  • 01-29-2010
    nagatahawk
    the trail looks fun! Beautifu forest with small jumps, root crossings, loose granite, tight swithbacks and very high speed toward the end. Like they have said the wide angle makes everything look flat. I have seen my local trail on widea angle video, the 3 foot jumps look like bumps and 5 foot ramps look flat...