Suggestions: XC race shoes for wide feet?- Mtbr.com
    Tech geek and racerboy
    Feb 2004

Suggestions: XC race shoes for wide feet?

I've had the Sidi Mega for the past few years, but I go through them in less than a season because as the sole gets worn they get flexy, which causes hotspots with my pedals. Can anyone suggest a stiff (carbon?) soled mtb shoe that runs a little wide in the toe box? How are the Adidas AdiStars, or the Scott Pro Carbons? Any other suggestions?
    A hardtail is forever

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtailforever
    I've had the Sidi Mega for the past few years, but I go through them in less than a season because as the sole gets worn they get flexy, which causes hotspots with my pedals. Can anyone suggest a stiff (carbon?) soled mtb shoe that runs a little wide in the toe box? How are the Adidas AdiStars, or the Scott Pro Carbons? Any other suggestions?
    Sidi mega's are about it. Rocket7 will make a custom shoe for you that will address your width and other issues. http://www.rocket7.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Specialized

I had Sidi's. Got into road biking and bought some specialized shoes for that, they were so comfortable that i went and got the mountain version as well. They have a large toe box which is what made the diffferance for me. I think they are worth trying on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I went with the Shimano 225s. Haven't got many miles on them yet but they fit good and my feet are on the wide side.
    A bicycle will take you to fantastic places....if you let it.

Ibis fan since '08 now rolling on the big wheeled Ripley.

just like a speeder-bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ems3564
    I had Sidi's. Got into road biking and bought some specialized shoes for that, they were so comfortable that i went and got the mountain version as well. They have a large toe box which is what made the diffferance for me. I think they are worth trying on.
    Second the Specialized. I had Sidi's, too -- the Spesh ('05 Comp's) that I have are much stiffer, and still comfortable enough for walking (the sole isn't flat, it sort of rolls a bit which seems to help in walking). They're not the perfect fit for my wide feet, but close -- and the wide toe box is very nice. I'm buying them (or the next model up) again.

Members who have read this thread: 0