Suggestions: XC race shoes for narrow feet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Listen! Suggestions: XC race shoes for narrow feet?

I'm getting back into riding after a few years off. I've always had to put 2 insoles and wear 2 pairs of socks to get shoes to fit right. I've always just bought the best shoes I could get on sale for around $80. Now that I have a little money I want to spend what it takes to get shoes that fit.

Unfortunately only one LBS carries shoes and they only carry Specialized which weren't narrow enough. I've read that SIDI has narrow now but a shop guy told me that the narrows are what SIDI called regular width a few years ago and added the regular and mega. I'm currently wearing some 8 year old Nike ACG's which aren't very narrow. I've heard the adidas xc race are narrow so they are what I'm leaning toward.

Any other suggestions? Is what I heard about the SIDI narrow true?

Thanks.

fight the system
    i have the same thin foot problem. My shimano road shoes have a double insole to make my feet fit tight to the top of the shoe. For MTB I now race on Sidi's and find they fit quite well. Make sure you get a newer model. i believe starting after 2004 they added a zip tie like connection on the inside of the standard upper ratchet strap to allow you to cinch the tops down enough without running out of buckle room. the toes are tight to the top without having to add anything. i also have narrow feet and they fit great width wise as well.

mtbr member
    Thanks jako. Do you have the narrow sidi's? and which model? Thanks again.

vegan cyclocross disco
    I just got a pair of Nike shoes and they are very narrow. Very happy with the quality/price compared to the sidi's.

Gnar

Sidi's are perfect!

I have a narrow foot and Sidi's have been perfect for me. I use the regular Sidi, not the mega. They are expensive, but worth it and last forever, for me anyway. I have a pair from 2002 that are still very usable. Also have a pair from 2005 and some road shoes that I got in 2003.

fight the system

skinny shoes

Sidi Dominator 4, regular width.
    I also use Nike Poggio II shoes for mtb racing that have no hike a bike sections. I glued on some hard foam strips on the sides so i can run a bit but I dont make a habbit out of it. they are super light, stiff and fit narrow feet jus as well. But the real kicker is they knock off over a half a pound when everyone is paying 400 dollars for tripple ti pedals to save 50g. I found a pair on ebay for 80 bucks brand new.
    If you believe that I've got some magic beans to sell ya.

mtbr member
    Just to close out this thread for search purposes. I ended up getting the narrow Dominator 4's and they fit good. So if you've got snow skit feet like me try them out.

I wish they made the Dominator Mesh in a narrow. The black dominator's are gonna be hot in Florida.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    try DMT shoed, theyre a nice fit across the top of the foot

Members who have read this thread: 0