stupid helmet- Mtbr.com

Thread: stupid helmet

clyde in training

stupid helmet

So I just got done riding the local trail and I uncliped my helmet for the remainder of the ride. I turned down a road that has a slight decline and a few speed bumps on it. Instead of going around the bumps, I decided I would just bunnyhop over them. I jumped the first one and at the peak of my hop, my helmet went flying off of my head. Without thinking, I lunged to catch the helmet while in mid flight. As soon as my hands left the handlebars, I realized I made a bit of a mistake but it was too late. I came down on my chest onto the handlebars. Apparently my nipples know how to steer, because instead of going down, I just swerved right and regained control. I didn't catch my helmet, but I didn't eat asphalt either. If it wasn't for my shocks, I would probably be bleeding right now.

Anyone else have a story where reaction lead to personal injury of any sort?

Shop *****
    Yeah, last night I flinched when someone threw something, or attempted to, or just made the motion, I fell down and hurt my arm.
    he denies that he threw anything though, or even made the motion >_>

Feb 2007
    I uncliped my helmet for the remainder of the ride
    Not stupid helmet . . . stupid rider.

pwn3rator
    i tried to answer my cell phone while doing a wheelie down the sidewalk on the way to the dj's. i fell onto a guy wire on a telephone pole and bent my brake lever. it was really dumb...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

keepin' it rural
    i want to be able to steer with my nipples...will you teach me.

Glad to Be Alive
    Darwin at his best.......some of us wear our helmets....other leave their lives to Darwinism
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Feb 2007
    About ten years ago after a long XC ride, I took a quick dip in a neaby lake, I was riding back through the parking lot, sans helmet, and began to furiously shake my head back an forth like a dog in order to get the water out of my hair. I ended up slinging myself to the ground. Blood, stitches, scar. wasn't pretty

MTB Withdrawal
    Aug 2006
    Never, ever try to use the right-hand shifter with your left with your right hand idling. . Did it a couple of bikes back and tacoed the front wheel. Did it a few weeks ago again but managed to jump out of the mess.
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Completely off topic, please ignore.

Old No. 7
    I was driving home from somewhere a few days ago with my left hand on the wheel and my right holding my coffee, dropped my coffee with my right hand and tried to save it with my left, but didn't let go of the wheel. So I swerved a bit, but still didn't spill... or kill anyone for that matter. But once it was over I realized I'm a moron.
    06 888 RC2X FOR SALE! PM FOR DETAILS

...the mustache has spoken

clyde in training
    Quote Originally Posted by poordad
    Not stupid helmet . . . stupid rider.
    you probably wore a helmet to school didn't you

Jun 2006
    on Sunday we were taking a J-break at a lake that most of the trails spit out to. We're just about to saddle up and finish the ride, and a guy comes cruising down the trail on a really nice stumpy. Exchange 'hellos' and he keeps looking at us too long...

cuts the soft left hand corner infront of our bench and digs into the soft, spring soil off path Wheel sinks instantly, he can't unclip and pulls a complete faceplant. totally unscathed, completely embarassed, we all chuckle, he skulks off.

Eyes on the trail

Members who have read this thread: 0