Strap on your war helmet; here we go again- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

Strap on your war helmet; here we go again

iran is now DAYS away from BOMBING US!!!

We MUST take them OUT!!!

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!

[Note WHO the officials ARE making this statement from the State Dept. These are the same Phucks who beat on the CIA to find Iraq full of WMD (oops). reference link to this: http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/008209.php ]

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...top_world_news

Iran Could Produce Nuclear Bomb in 16 Days, U.S. Says (Update1)

April 12 (Bloomberg) -- Iran, which is defying United Nations Security Council demands to cease its nuclear program, may be capable of making a nuclear bomb within 16 days if it goes ahead with plans to install thousands of centrifuges at its Natanz plant, a U.S. State Department official said.

``Natanz was constructed to house 50,000 centrifuges,'' Stephen Rademaker, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation, told reporters today in Moscow. ``Using those 50,000 centrifuges they could produce enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon in 16 days.''

In fact, Iran will move forward to ``industrial scale'' uranium enrichment involving 54,000 centrifuges at Natanz, the Associated Press quoted deputy nuclear chief Mohammad Saeedi as telling state-run television today.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said yesterday the country had succeeded in enriching uranium on a small scale for the first time, using 164 centrifuges. That announcement defies demands by the UN Security Council that Iran shut down its nuclear program this month.

The U.S. and other countries fear Iran is pursuing a nuclear program to make weapons, while Iran says it is intent on purely civilian purposes, to provide energy. Saeedi said 54,000 centrifuges will be able to enrich uranium to provide fuel for a 1,000-megawat nuclear power plant similar to the one Russia is finishing in southern Iran, AP reported.

``It was a deeply disappointing announcement,'' Rademaker said of Ahmadinejad's statement.

Weapons-Grade Uranium

Rademaker said the technology to enrich uranium to a low level could also be used to make weapons-grade uranium, saying that it would take a little over 13 years to produce enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon with the 164 centrifuges currently in use. The process involves placing uranium hexafluoride gas in a series of rotating drums or cylinders known as centrifuges that run at high speeds to extract weapons grade uranium.

Iran has informed the Vienna-based International Atomic Energy Agency that it plans to construct 3,000 centrifuges at Natanz next year, Rademaker said.

``We calculate that a 3,000-machine cascade could produce enough uranium to build a nuclear weapon within 271 days,'' he said.

While the U.S. has concerns over Iran's nuclear program, Rademaker said ``there certainly has been no decision on the part of my government'' to use force if Iran refuses to obey the UN Security Council demand that it shuts down its nuclear program.

Rademaker is in Moscow for a meeting of his counterparts from the Group of Eight wealthy industrialized countries. Russia chairs the G-8 this year.

Samsonite Tester
    If Iran was operating in secret the motive to destroy the operation would be politically safe . With Irans apparent open approach it is a political quagmire . Taking and a rapid attack and sort it out later tactic is one way to cut out the time wasting diplomacy . Why change the modus operandum now ?

Facts in this case are , US forces have been operating on ground in Iran for years now. Iran has assisted in IED training and manufacture . Iran has just conducted missle tests capable of resulting in the implied destruction of Israel .

Iran postures themselves to have weapons . On the table they only declare a for energy purpose . That makes the one of the most dangerous enemies if they wish . Of course these opinions have been driven by a propaganda machine and hold no real value .
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

Mar 2006
    no worries, Israel will take care of it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Walt
    Stephen Rademaker, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for International Security and Nonproliferation, told reporters today in Moscow. ``They could produce enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon in 16 days.''

And yet we have Bush saying "wild speculation" and Rumsfeld saying "Fantasyland" and sandan calling Seymour Hersh a liar.

We have Jack Straw calling a nuclear move "Totally nuts!"

And now this goon trying to scare feeble-minded folk with 16 DAYS!

Somebody is totally full of it, and I do NOT think it is Pulitzer Prize-winning, highly respected Seymour Hersh and his highly placed sources in the military and government.

We have a megalomaniacal moron in charge of the world's most dangerous weapons--any kind of insanity could happen, it seems.

Jan 2004
    I just heard the anti proliferation nuke expert say that Iran is 5 years away at least from a bomb .....

but what does he know; he was just the IEA inspector recently in Iran ....

we really need to listen to Bush on this; knowing how truthful he has been with us, the American people

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit
    And yet we have Bush saying "wild speculation" and Rumsfeld saying "Fantasyland" and sandan calling Seymour Hersh a liar.

We have Jack Straw calling a nuclear move "Totally nuts!"

And now this goon trying to scare feeble-minded folk with 16 DAYS!

Somebody is totally full of it, and I do NOT think it is Pulitzer Prize-winning, highly respected Seymour Hersh and his highly placed sources in the military and government.

We have a megalomaniacal moron in charge of the world's most dangerous weapons--any kind of insanity could happen, it seems.
    That's because semour hersh is a liar.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    You know, on the credibilty scale Criminal Sanddamn, Hersh is a lot closer to Washington and Bush is holding a stained blue dress and debating what "is" is.

when you knowingly back a liar, that makes YOU a liar US military backstabbing yoda.

mtbr member
    KITB-"I got no beef with the terrorists"
    KITB-"It's always the college-degree-lacking bolt sorters that say such things"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

By no means. He is extremely well regarded for his political analysis and investigative journalism, not withstanding attacks from right-wing partisans such as that individual you quoted the other day--Miller.

He is after all a Pultizer Prize winner and the author of numerous important investigative articles over the past forty years.

His work has been proven accurate and forward-leading time and again--perhaps most recently in his writings about Iraq.

Will he be proven right about Iran? He hopes not; the point of his article is to expose serious discussions about a very serious possible mistake.

Don't bother to regurgitate that meaningless point about Hersh confusing AC130s with helicopter gunships in an interview.

I see Miller recently coauthored a book about the French Menace. Here is a snippet of a review of it by the Council on Foreign Relations:

"That a book as shoddy and biased as this one should be published by a reputable press is eminently regrettable."

We are very lucky to have a writer such as Seymour Hersh to expose such evil as Abu Ghraib and My Lai. Perhaps you would rather such episodes be swept under the rug?

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit
    We are very lucky to have a writer such as Seymour Hersh to expose such evil as Abu Ghraib and My Lai. Perhaps you would rather such episodes be swept under the rug?
    The backbone of a democracy is truth and the free exchange of information.

Of course Sanddamn is against that stuff. He is much closer to a Saddam Hussein, or a Stalin, and a Bush ... secrecy ... vindictative punishment, outing of scientists, outing of CIA agents, destroying the careers of military officers who use their professional judgement and best analysis instead of toe the propadanda line that Bushites insist on.

These are the things of Sanddamn, what other conclusion could be reached given his ardent support of Bush who DOES all of these things?

Hersh was beyond brilliant in bringing Mai Lai to our attention. What is incredible about him, is his respect for our military and all the good people who try so hard to do the right things in all ways within it. That is why SO MANY of the toughest hombres in our military have talked to Hersh throughout the decades. Of course this will be lost on our little F-88 Stalin-Licker; our very own apologist for evil - Sanddamn.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hersh was beyond brilliant in bringing Mai Lai to our attention. What is incredible about him, is his respect for our military and all the good people who try so hard to do the right things in all ways within it. That is why SO MANY of the toughest hombres in our military have talked to Hersh throughout the decades.

Right on, Walt. Hersh's reputation will stand for years to come. We ignore him at our peril.

Jul 2005

Ya know, Walty...

The backbone of a democracy is truth and the free exchange of information.

Of course Sanddamn is against that stuff. He is much closer to a Saddam Hussein, or a Stalin, and a Bush ... secrecy ... vindictative punishment, outing of scientists, outing of CIA agents, destroying the careers of military officers who use their professional judgement and best analysis instead of toe the propadanda line that Bushites insist on.

These are the things of Sanddamn, what other conclusion could be reached given his ardent support of Bush who DOES all of these things?

Hersh was beyond brilliant in bringing Mai Lai to our attention. What is incredible about him, is his respect for our military and all the good people who try so hard to do the right things in all ways within it. That is why SO MANY of the toughest hombres in our military have talked to Hersh throughout the decades. Of course this will be lost on our little F-88 Stalin-Licker; our very own apologist for evil - Sanddamn.
    LOL...you just kill me with your insight. Where DO you (get the time to) get this stuff?

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief
    LOL...you just kill me with your insight. Where DO you (get the time to) get this stuff?
    I type fast.

I read fast too.

It all started when I learned to go fast on a mountain bike. HyperSpeed, has its advantages.

Jul 2005

Did your epiphanetic-like

I type fast.

I read fast too.

It all started when I learned to go fast on a mountain bike. HyperSpeed, has its advantages.
    transformation come b4 you hit 60 mph or after?

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief
    transformation come b4 you hit 60 mph or after?
    As Puffy schooled us, the 60 mph on the mtn bike is key.

Once you hit 60 on that baby, and snap some forks, just like Puff-O, then you have have the Matrix ability to move in Hyper-Speed at will.

Puff-O is the Gur-O.

Just follow the Puff, and everything is new and better. The only side effect is your brains drain out your ears and you post endless "The parrot is dead." "No, it isn't" diatribes. I think that is cause Puff-O spent to much time at Hyper-Speed.

ride your bike
    Ha! That's a great debate tactic. "You're a liar."

Attending the O'Lielly school of debate, eh?

Next week you're sure to learn "Shut up!"

LOL!
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

Members who have read this thread: 0