Strange Shape heads and helmets- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Strange Shape heads and helmets

Ok i'm not weird, I just have a head that doesn't fit 90% of helmets. I have a long, narrow head. well kinda. I am also on a budget so I bought a Bell full face helmet. it sorta fits, but its not long enough (its a Large) and the width is fine. So onto my question:

Can i change the shape of the styroform to fit me better without destoying the integrity of the helmet? Any other oldschool solution (anyone read Roald Dahl's ice + shoes = bigger shoes?)?
    Giant Faith 2
    Specialized Epic
    Be Strong in Your Ignorance

mtbr member

TNC
    noMAD man
    Is it your forehead that gets a pressure point? Most of my motorcycle and bike helmets over the years have produced a single pressure point just below my hair line. I used a spoon to push in the styrofoam just a bit...it didn't take much...to relieve that spot. I'm sure this is not recommended by the manufacturer for obvious reasons, but if I can't wear helmets, then gently compressing the styrofoam a tiny bit is better than the alternative. I've had some pretty spectacular crashes on my road and dirt motorcycles with no adverse effects, so I'm pretty comfortable with it.

Members who have read this thread: 0