Stickers On Helmet.........- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009

New question here. Stickers On Helmet.........

just got my new F-14 helmet..... says to NOT PUT STICKERS on it cause the glue might jack the structural integrity of the helmet ????

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Maybe they don't want their graphics covered up.

I guess I fail to see the harm in a sticker. The helmet I use to ski has a sticker with my race number on it. I've taken a few hits (I know....) and the glue does not seem to harm anything.

Rip Van Winkle
    They are just covering their bases. This way if some unforeseen event occurs they can say "told you so" I would not worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 891
    29 inch wheels are a crutch for riders with sub-par skills.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    they say the GLUE in the stickers will mess with the shell of the helmet...... oh and i wont ever be able to wear it in the summer here... says to not expose it to temps over 110* or the shell could melt.... lol on my head in the sun it will reach 130* easy here in AZ..... lol

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    that's funny too. pretty obvious to me that it is a CYA move. only one short step away from "this helmet is not intended to be exposed solid objects during use"

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    ya i agree its def. a CYA situation.... but cant blame them in nowadays sue happy world.....

responsible zombie owner
    Motorcycle helmets usually carry the same warning.

As for temperatures, don't leave a cycling helmet in direct sunlight, or leave it in a car on a hot day. It should be okay while you're riding - the airflow as your ride will cool it down!

IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
    i remember a story i read on mtbr a few months ago where some kid painted his helmet then fell and the paint's rough surface acted like velcro in the rocky dirt as he landed head first and allmost ripped his head off... i could see how excessive stickers could act the same, adding friction and stickiness to the impact rather than letting the helmet slide when it really needs to
    What mountain bike forum do pirates use? .....

MTB-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    If stickers might affect the structural integrity of a helmet, that's not a helmet I'm interested in wearing!

mtbr member
    Who want stickers anyway? I'd get an Orangutan! Much, much cooler!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    It's right along the same lines as hardhats for construction. Technically, hardhats are not legal if you add stickers to them (at least in most cases). They were not tested with the stickers in place, thus the results of an impact with stickers added are unknown. Rather than just assume it would be fine, they are covering their butts by saying don't do it.

Members who have read this thread: 0