Specialized Body Geometry Shoes?- Mtbr.com

Jan 2004

Specialized Body Geometry Shoes?

Anyone have experience with Specialized mountain shoes? They have the "Body Geometry" technology that is supposed to align your foot (thus your knee) into a better position than regular shoes. The footbed in the toe box has a slight slant with the big toe higher than the other side of the shoe. They aren't expensive and what I'm riding with now are no good though I just bought them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Supervixen
    I have these and I like them a lot. They're the most comfortable shoes I've ever tried, and a good price too. I like them so much I bought a pair for road biking (MTB model for MTB SPDs - I hate not being able to walk off the bike).

CP

Quote Originally Posted by SheSpeedsNotSingleSpeed
    Anyone have experience with Specialized mountain shoes? They have the "Body Geometry" technology that is supposed to align your foot (thus your knee) into a better position than regular shoes. The footbed in the toe box has a slight slant with the big toe higher than the other side of the shoe. They aren't expensive and what I'm riding with now are no good though I just bought them.

mtbr member
    i have the same shoes, a couple of years old.
    they are very comfortable, fit great.

Still chuggin' along
    Love them!! They're so comfortable, they felt like slippers (ok, so I'm exaggerating a little ) but they are very comfortable. I only wore them last Spring and Summer since I switched to flats in Oct.
    Make Everyday your Masterpiece - George Michael

Apr 2004

very comfortable

I have a very wide foot with an extremely high instep. Finding shoes in general is hard. I was worried I wouldn't find any MTB shoes that'd fit. They are very comfortable, affordable, and the navy blue ones are pretty darn attractive too!

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Pardon me ladies; a guy here sticking his nose into the conversation.

Go for them! I've had three pair in the last few years; most comfy bike shoes I've ever tried. Even in comparison to Sidi, Carnac, Nike, Shimano, Gaerne, and a few others I've tried.

Dave
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Back in the saddle!
    Apr 2004
    So did you get them?

I'm looking at these shoes right now. I tried on the comp mtb ones and they were really comfortable on in the store. I'm holding off before getting them though, cause I want to try on some SIDI Rampas.

Atty

Jan 2004
    I've gotten a good 8 hours on the trail in these shoes already. I haven't had to do much hiking in them, which is wear my last shoes failed in the heals, but I have been able to heal my knee trouble while wearing these shoes. I find that I don't think about them....and that's a good thing. I strap them down (I think the first two rides I had to tighten them once while on the trail, but not since) and ride away. I've not had to think about them pinching or being too loose. I was really concerned when I got them that the toe box seemed huge. My toes were just bearly touching each side of the shoe. I thought this might cause side to side motion problems, but not one bit, my toes fill it up when they're pushing pedals. For my foot, they've been a miracle shoe. I prefer to wear thicker MB socks like Smartwools Adrenalines or Pearl Izumi makes a pair. I don't like them for road riding, but you demand more out of your mountain bike shoe, I think, and the padded sock helps with blisters. These shoes haven't given me blisters.