• 04-23-2004
    SheSpeedsNotSingleSpeed
    1 Attachment(s)
    Specialized Body Geometry Shoes?
    Anyone have experience with Specialized mountain shoes? They have the "Body Geometry" technology that is supposed to align your foot (thus your knee) into a better position than regular shoes. The footbed in the toe box has a slight slant with the big toe higher than the other side of the shoe. They aren't expensive and what I'm riding with now are no good though I just bought them.
  • 04-23-2004
    Crankypants
    I have these and I like them a lot. They're the most comfortable shoes I've ever tried, and a good price too. I like them so much I bought a pair for road biking (MTB model for MTB SPDs - I hate not being able to walk off the bike).

CP

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheSpeedsNotSingleSpeed
    Anyone have experience with Specialized mountain shoes? They have the "Body Geometry" technology that is supposed to align your foot (thus your knee) into a better position than regular shoes. The footbed in the toe box has a slight slant with the big toe higher than the other side of the shoe. They aren't expensive and what I'm riding with now are no good though I just bought them.

• 04-23-2004
    fishercat
    i have the same shoes, a couple of years old.
    they are very comfortable, fit great.
  • 04-24-2004
    kpicha
    Love them!! They're so comfortable, they felt like slippers (ok, so I'm exaggerating a little ;) ) but they are very comfortable. I only wore them last Spring and Summer since I switched to flats in Oct.
  • 04-24-2004
    MallieD
    very comfortable
    I have a very wide foot with an extremely high instep. Finding shoes in general is hard. I was worried I wouldn't find any MTB shoes that'd fit. They are very comfortable, affordable, and the navy blue ones are pretty darn attractive too!
  • 04-29-2004
    scrublover
    Pardon me ladies; a guy here sticking his nose into the conversation.

Go for them! I've had three pair in the last few years; most comfy bike shoes I've ever tried. Even in comparison to Sidi, Carnac, Nike, Shimano, Gaerne, and a few others I've tried.

Dave
  • 05-15-2004
    Atty
    So did you get them?

I'm looking at these shoes right now. I tried on the comp mtb ones and they were really comfortable on in the store. I'm holding off before getting them though, cause I want to try on some SIDI Rampas.

Atty
  • 05-18-2004
    SheSpeedsNotSingleSpeed
    I've gotten a good 8 hours on the trail in these shoes already. I haven't had to do much hiking in them, which is wear my last shoes failed in the heals, but I have been able to heal my knee trouble while wearing these shoes. I find that I don't think about them....and that's a good thing. I strap them down (I think the first two rides I had to tighten them once while on the trail, but not since) and ride away. I've not had to think about them pinching or being too loose. I was really concerned when I got them that the toe box seemed huge. My toes were just bearly touching each side of the shoe. I thought this might cause side to side motion problems, but not one bit, my toes fill it up when they're pushing pedals. For my foot, they've been a miracle shoe. I prefer to wear thicker MB socks like Smartwools Adrenalines or Pearl Izumi makes a pair. I don't like them for road riding, but you demand more out of your mountain bike shoe, I think, and the padded sock helps with blisters. These shoes haven't given me blisters.