Specialized 2FO Flat 1.0 Feedback- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Specialized 2FO Flat 1.0 Feedback

Hi all. After losing the soles on my second pair of 5-10 Freeriders in 2 years, I'm putting the brakes on buying their products. They are simply too much money for the quality. I will give them the sticky factor thumbs up, it's fantastic, but it means little given the durability of the shoe.

So I'm looking for a replacement that has good grip and can last more than 1 season of regular use. I've had good luck with Specialized products in the past and was looking at this shoe:

Specialized 2FO Flat 1.0 Feedback-specialized-2fo-flat-1.0-mtb-shoe-black-rutland-cycling.jpg

It has ok reviews but I'm looking to see if anyone in this community has real world experience with these shoes.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I have the 1st gen. Really good shoes for wet conditions as they dont absorb water. The only issue i had was that the soles wear out really fast. My flats poked a hole right thru the bottom in less than a season, otherwise everything else is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Thanks. Doesn't sound like flat shoes are designed to go the distance. Too bad.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    The last 510 the sole fell apart but the one i bought 6 months ago have been great. Maybe they've fixed the problem? The sole has holes in them from the pedals but i dont think that can be helped

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've got the gen 1 2FO as well just about every 5-10 ever made. The 2FO sit in my closet mostly unused. For my preferences, they are way too stiff, rubber compound to slippery, toe box too small and they don't break in to your foot shape because the uppers are some weird plastic. Really uncomfortable. I wear them when I know my shoes are going to get soaked and even then I'm hesitant.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Specialized 2FO Flat 1.0 Feedback

I enjoyed the first gen 2F0s but agree the soles wore out too quick.

This year, I decided to give the new 2FO 1.0 a go and so far the sole wear has not been as bad! I find them to be an improvement over the originals in comfort and (so far) wear. Didnít think I would like the sock thingy but it is pretty comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Bought these because they worked better for my fractured screwed together heel. Compared to the regular 5-10 Freerider they are stiffer in the sole and narrower in the front. Less grippy sole too. But they do provide a comfy fit for me right now so I can ride.