Specialized 2FO first impressions- Mtbr.com
    Finally!

Specialized 2FO first impressions

So I picked up a pair of the Specialized 2FO flat shoes. After a sizing issue I finally got a set of 46. Every other pair of shoe I have is a 10.5. According to the Specialized sizing chart a 46 is a 12+. I have also spoke to some people who have these shoes fit to size so I think the toe cup shape is why others need to oversize for fit. Anyway I picked them up and was immediately impressed with the quality of the shoe itself. They have very little flex and are definitely not a skate shoe. Walking around they are slightly awkward but not like a clipless shoe. Just very little bend in the sole.

I have Shimano Saint pedals with the spacers out and the side pins in. The flat sole of the 2FO stuck to this like glue. My previous skate shoe had no grip like this. I was very surprised at how far I could pull on the pedal stroke before the shoe "got light" on the Saints. NOT like being clipped in but far more than a regular shoe. I did a 2 hr ride is wet, slushy, muddy and cool conditions. It snowed here last week and the melt has made the trail messy. Just at the threshold of where I shouldn't ride the trail. Slick but not rutting or I would not ride there. (Trail damage) It was about 5 Celsius out. The vents sure work well. My feet were cold (not freezing) and my skate shoes are fine at the same temps so I figure summer cooling will be excellent. The shoes are very comfortable right out of the box and my feet felt normal when I took them off.

So in summary. Great shoe. Not cheap. Works beyond my expectations. I will follow up in the summer and post about longevity as they wear.

Also I have only found clean pics of these on the net so here are some "action" shots ;-)

mtbr member
    I was in the LBS that is a Specialized dealer and we was talking about these shoes and he showed me the one that was just for flat pedals but he said they are also available with a version that could be used for clipless pedals too. Thanks for noting about the size difference you have experienced. Idk of anyone that has these around here but they are on my list of one's to check out when I go to get a new pr of shoes.