Some Hawes helmet cam action- Mtbr.com
    dirt visionary

Some Hawes helmet cam action .more video added

Some helmet cam footage from Hawes this morning. Such a nice day for some riding.

Route was from cap down pig over to ridgeline and back a quick loop for the vid. Since Daniel has no trail bike I let him go out for some laps also.

Also with my vimeo version you can download the orginal version I uploaded which is far better in quality and on 300mb. To download it just click on the title under the vid which takes you to my vimeo page. Once on the page with the video scroll down . In the bottom right corner it will have a download option.

<object width="520" height="351"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3465395&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=ff9933&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3465395&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=ff9933&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="520" height="351"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://vimeo.com/3465395">Hawes Red Mountain Arizona</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user452205">clkwrk</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.<br /><br />Helmet cam action of Hawes

A bigger vid for those don't wanna squint. Also hit the HQ link in the bottom right corner for better quality

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0r_NjRBYBM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e 9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0r_NjRBYBM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e 9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

This one is of Hawes/saddleback/pig/ridgeline and mine.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rv1mywpLW1M&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e 9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rv1mywpLW1M&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e 9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>
    Last edited by clockwork; 03-06-2009 at 07:35 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thats a great video clockwork,
    since the oldlady and myself live right at hawes we ride there and pass mountain all the time .

I loved seeing that clip, hawes is a great quick way to get a good ride in !

mtbr member
    Puts a smile in my face.
    www.StudioDino.com
    The Ride: 2013 Specialized Epic is epic / Roubaix

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    you know not to leave your car unattended in that parking lot right? My truck and a number of others have been broken into there. Thanks for the vid, it rocks......
    and the lurker returns to the dark corner:nono:

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs
    you know not to leave your car unattended in that parking lot right? My truck and a number of others have been broken into there. Thanks for the vid, it rocks......
    On the flip side I've parked there 100 times, never an issue. I did have my car window smashed and my stereo stolen at Target once, and my wife's $250 rear tail light was stolen from her mini van at Costco.

Sucks though that you even have to worry about it.

Dave

video ???

Im looking at using a bullet cam soon and was wondering if your Cannon minidv can take anolog inputs? Do most of them? I need a vid and 12Vdc input is that what you bullet uses?

Dave
    I need to ride more and work less.

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs

Thanks but I have been riding there for a long time and I know this thats why in the vid you can see someone is with the truck at all times

dirt visionary
    Thanks folks.

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by liteandfast
    Im looking at using a bullet cam soon and was wondering if your Cannon minidv can take anolog inputs? Do most of them? I need a vid and 12Vdc input is that what you bullet uses?

Dave

My bullet's use their own power source. One is 8 aa's and the other uses one 9volt. As for the cam yes it uses analog inputs . Most older cams have analog in . If you look on 20twenty site they have a page that shows all the cams with analog in's

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    My bullet's use their own power source. One is 8 aa's and the other uses one 9volt. As for the cam yes it uses analog inputs . Most older cams have analog in . If you look on 20twenty site they have a page that shows all the cams with analog in's

Thanks
    Is that 20twenty.com ?? I googled it and got 20twentyvfx ,, and many others but no .com
    I need to ride more and work less.

dirt visionary
    Here. I had twenty20 backwards

http://www.twenty20camera.com/recorders.php

parenting for gnarness
    fun vid Clock.
    YES to Scottsdale Prop 420
    Our Preserve, Our Taxes, Our Vote

dirt visionary
    Thanks I figured since I haven't seen any Hawes footage or seen very little I would do my part

parenting for gnarness
    Thanks I figured since I haven't seen any Hawes footage or seen very little I would do my part
    yeah watching it last night and thinking about the workday and it being my home trail, I was looking at every spot going "that's where i chainsucked on my old bike, that's where I ran over a rattlesnake, that's where I saw a bunch of javalina, that's the part I never could get, that's where Helimech ate $h!t, that's where I always pass people, that's where I almost fell off the cliff..."

dirt visionary
    Yeah its not far from me either but I haven't been riding there as much as I should. Also I will add that comment in the other thread about people pulling over on double track to let you pass is all too funny but true.

I plan to get footage of all of the system and taking the best parts to squeeze into a 10min vid. This is just the start and I plan to get a few different angles also .

parenting for gnarness
    Yeah its not far from me either but I haven't been riding there as much as I should. Also I will add that comment in the other thread about people pulling over on double track to let you pass is all too funny but true.

I plan to get footage of all of the system and taking the best parts to squeeze into a 10min vid. This is just the start and I plan to get a few different angles also .
    between the colors at different times of day, a few trials and off-camber stuff to add some danger, and wildflower season you could really let your creativity go nuts. look forward to seeing it when done.

dirt visionary
    Oh yeah forgot to mention I almost killed myself as I am out of shape when it comes to slamming the pedals for that long . I think my best time for the loop was 22 mins which is far away from what I was doing it in last year.

My other ride is your mom
    Very cool vid.....since I use it as my fitness ride, I have fond memories of every turn, rock garden and color variation out there....I see that stuff in my sleep and dream of it while doing cardio on a machine...helps pass the time and take me to a happier place. I even found myself envisioning the twists while skinning up a ski track....that is before I realized I was being a complete tool and snapped out of it.

Pivotal figure
    You have the camera on the fork at the beginning?
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

dirt visionary
    Na on the side of the headtube.

Pivotal figure
    That a custom mount or the trusty old duct tape method

dirt visionary
    Na its an old wrist mount for the go-pro. Basically just velcro tape and my helmet cam has a velcro mount I attach to it. .

Pivotal figure
    Not a bad idea, might have to try using mine for some different spots as well.

dirt visionary
    Thanks! I have mounted my cam in a few spots now and I like it on the frame somewhere as the perception of action seems faster . You can see it in the beginning of the vid when I go to grabe the bike its on the side of the headtube.

dirt visionary
    video added up top.
    Last edited by clockwork; 03-06-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0