Smith Session Helmet- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Smith Session Helmet

Is anybody out there wearing this helmet? If so, any feedback? I'm in the market for a new helmet and this one might be on my short list. It looks like this is a fairly new helmet for Smith in 2018. Not as expensive as the Forefront, but apparently it has better ventilation.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I was in the same boat as you. I ended up buying it in the white/gray version. I haven't had a ton of helmets, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but so far i have been happy with it. My last ride was an 11 miler with a couple thousand feet of elevation gain around 11 in the morning. It was about 80 degrees and sunny. I didn't feel like it was too hot on my head. I got sweat dripping down my face, but I'm a sweaty dude when I get warm. Overall I like the fit and it looks good. The vents seem to work as when it's windy and I'm taking a break I can feel the wind going through to my dome.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Mine hopefully shows up from evo.com Friday afternoon and I hope to get a ride in with it Saturday. Yesterday I did 15 miles in a heat index of 106 and my old bell event xc just wasnít cutting it.

Will chime in with my thoughts soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Update...I went ahead and purchased the Smith Session helmet. Had my first ride today wearing it...rode 17 miles on Midwest singletrack, it was 95 and humid. Plenty of ventilation and very comfortable. Seems to be a great helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Sorry sloppy, meant to post my thoughts Saturday after 12 miles in east Texas heat.

I love this bucket. It vents very well for me and I noticed a huge increase in ventilation over the old Bell Event XC I have to compare it too.

There is a huge amount of flexibility with the adjustments of the fit system.

The only complaint I have is that wind noise seemed substantially increased to the point where I couldnít hear my riding partner in normal conversation with him about 10 feet away and doing 10mph. If thatís the price to pay for the ventilation then Iím happy to pay it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro