Smallest pack that can hold 100 oz bladder?- Mtbr.com
    Wanderer

Smallest pack that can hold 100 oz bladder?

I'm looking for the smallest pack that can hold an 100 ounce bladder plus have some space for tube, pump, etc.

Currently have a Mule and its falling apart (Camelbak has gone down in quality) and would rather my next pack be a bit smaller and a different company.

Suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I've really liked my Camelbak Lobo. Had it for years. The panels touching the back keep sweat away very well compared to other packs, and it's narrow.

I know it's camelback, too, but I also have a Mule, and it is not as comfortable.

mtbr member
    Another Lobo user. Easily carry pump, extra tube, 100oz of water, snacks and a bike lock if running errands.

If nothing else, a starting point for size?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I like my Osprey Raptor 10 and it comes with a 3L/100 oz. bladder that slips into its own compartment. It features a separate tool-parts roll/compartment on the bottom and side pockets on the waist strap. The main compartments have room for my pump, shock pump, first aid, glasses, snack, first aid, emergency mylar blanket, small towel and shell jacket. There is an external stretchy pouch that will take my rain shell too.

For me it was a big change to switch from a larger cheapie pack and have to think about cargo limits and how to pack it. It is quite comfortable!

Glen
    Last edited by gpeden; 05-04-2016 at 07:42 PM. Reason: metric conversion :)

DOOM
    I have had a Dakine Drafter for years and it is an option based on what you listed. The current Drafter is listed at 700 cu and can take a 3L/100oz reservoir - Hydrapak, Platypus, whatever, etc.

In looking around the Internet it doesn't look like Dakine has changed the Drafter much over the years.

mtbr member
    It's going to be around a 10L pack. Pick your favorite brand, based on fit, features and cost.

I use an Evoc FR Enduro Blackline 16L with a 100oz camelbak miltary-grade bladder with insulated hose. It fits and rides extremely well, better than most 10L packs and has removable spine protection.

You can't put pads in a 10L pack but you can lash them to the outside. I did that for a couple of years with a Camelbak Charge LR which is a 2L lumbar reservoir.

mtbr member
    Raptor 14..'da bestest

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Another lobo vote. Been using one for years. It's the only 100 oz one I've seen that isn't too big for my needs.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Toff View Post
    I'm looking for the smallest pack that can hold an 100 ounce bladder plus have some space for tube, pump, etc.

Currently have a Mule and its falling apart (Camelbak has gone down in quality) and would rather my next pack be a bit smaller and a different company.

Suggestions?
    Did you ever get a pack? I do know my Mule is made from different fabric than my older Lobo. It looks like both versions might be available in the Lobo.

Just curious. It's hot where I live. I have 3 hydration packs. Always interested in what works.