Small collection of helmetcam footage- Mtbr.com
    Unshaven Yak

Small collection of helmetcam footage

I just started uploading some more stuff we've shot over the last year or so to share with friends and I thought some of ya'll wouldn't mind killing some time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/StinkyWiz

Some experimentation going on with mounting points in the San Juan and Tunnel footage but it's all basically helmetcam.

Criticism is welcome as it's taken quite a while to sort out what works and what doesn't, both on the trail and at the PC and I wouldn't mind some constructive advice.

Thanks,
    D
    If you can, get one. You can bild it up to be a kinda lite trail slaying,dirt surfin, 40 mile ride single track super mama. this bike is the cutting edge of the sport. "spred the groove".

mtbr member
    What cams are you using? I like the vids a lot.

Unshaven Yak
    I'm currently using the Vio Adventurecam 3; a bulletcam that is connected to a Sony MiniDV camera. I had the old Adventurecam 2 before until I overstressed the cable and it became somewhat unreliable (also scratched the lens cover). The quality difference between the two is noticeable. (not that you can tell from looking at the youtube stuff). I just wish I could produce a youtube video that even remotely resembled the quality I get at home.

I also use a lanc controller attached to my shoulder strap to pause the recording during dull moments (that saves a ton of film and editing time).

I'm very interested in the POV, but the camera I have now works well enough that I'm waiting for a Hi-Def POV system to come out before investing. I did see that VIO just added more memory to the POV though (now up to 6 hrs), making it more tempting. I would advise anyone getting into this now to go with the new digital hard-drive related systems instead (for simplicity). The POV comes with a remote that would replace the lanc I use now and is significantly less bulky.

Some here actually strap their video cameras directly to their helmets and the quality of that video is excellent, but I can't imagine the crashing with that setup. The bullet-cam can take the abuse of a hit and doesn't strain the neck with extra weight.
    If you can, get one. You can bild it up to be a kinda lite trail slaying,dirt surfin, 40 mile ride single track super mama. this bike is the cutting edge of the sport. "spred the groove".

mtbr dismember

Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Wiz
    I I just wish I could produce a youtube video that even remotely resembled the quality I get at home.
    Try Vimeo, they even do HD. Sorry, but I just couldn't watch the crappy quality of a YouTube video for more than a few seconds. I commend you for keeping in the sounds of the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky Wiz
    Some here actually strap their video cameras directly to their helmets and the quality of that video is excellent, but I can't imagine the crashing with that setup.
    I crash all the time, but I don't believe I've ever hit on the top of my helmet.

Members who have read this thread: 0