• 07-20-2009
    Quik564
    Skeggs (NorCal) Helmet Cam Video
    Sweet all season loop at El Corte de Madera (Skeggs) in the Bay Area, NorCal. :thumbsup:
    Trails: Sierra Morena - Blue Blossom - Crossover - Crosscut - Manzanita - Fir - Resolution - ECdM Creek - Sierra Morena.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hkCtXHPTG2A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color 2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hkCtXHPTG2A&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color 2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>
  • 07-20-2009
    Treesmacker
    WOW!

I really loved this video. THe trails look so fast. So different from the stuff i ride here in florida. I really liked the part where you you got caught up on the roots and toppled over. The camera catching your shadow was really nice. Hope you did not get hurt on that though :P

By the way -- what is that song toward the end? I really like it and I have heard it before but I can never figure out who it is.

Nice stuff!
    -Tree
  • 07-20-2009
    jbsmith
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Treesmacker
    WOW!

By the way -- what is that song toward the end? I really like it and I have heard it before but I can never figure out who it is.

Nice stuff!
    -Tree

Panic Switch by Silversun Pickups

Quick564 - what camera did you use for that? I have been thinking of getting one.
  • 07-20-2009
    Treesmacker
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jbsmith
    Panic Switch by Silversun Pickups

thank you! that is who i thought the song sounded like. Guess i know why. :D
  • 07-21-2009
    singletrackzen
    Very cool video! The trails looked great. The music selection was really good. Nice job.
  • 07-21-2009
    Quik564
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Treesmacker
    WOW!

I really loved this video. THe trails look so fast. So different from the stuff i ride here in florida. I really liked the part where you you got caught up on the roots and toppled over. The camera catching your shadow was really nice. Hope you did not get hurt on that though :P

Nice stuff!
    -Tree

Thanks! Yea, I grew up riding SoFla trails... I made a Markham park video thats pretty fun to watch too:

Part I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aELfv2xiZso
    Part II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IouSwQlzMrY

Didn't get hurt on the fall, but thought it'd be funny to watch :eekster:
  • 07-21-2009
    Quik564
    Quote:

Quick564 - what camera did you use for that? I have been thinking of getting one.

I used the GoPro Helmet Hero (wide angle lens), it seems to work pretty well. The only beef I have with it is you can't see what you've recorded until you get it on the computer. But for the price you can't beat it!
  • 07-21-2009
    jbsmith
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Quik564
    I used the GoPro Helmet Hero (wide angle lens), it seems to work pretty well. The only beef I have with it is you can't see what you've recorded until you get it on the computer. But for the price you can't beat it!

How are the mounts for it...I dont know that I would put it on my helmet, but maybe somewhere on the frame to get a picture of the suspension working??
  • 07-25-2009
    Quik564
    Quote:

How are the mounts for it...I dont know that I would put it on my helmet, but maybe somewhere on the frame to get a picture of the suspension working??

The mounts are great, so far so stable. It comes with a selection of different mounts, which is nice. I've seen vids of the suspension, but it may be tough to watch a whole vid from that angle. Would be a great angle to mix in though!
  • 08-29-2009
    iSlowpoke
    That was an excellent video! I miss Skeggs.
  • 09-04-2009
    anixi
    I sure miss it too, except Manzanita. Never got up the final steep rock garden. Tried lots of times though...
  • 09-04-2009
    bycyclist
    very nice vid. I can't believe I never rode there when I lived in Redwood City for years...lame of me to not know about that one.