Skate Style Shoes- Mtbr.com
    Its Tammy! 2 M's and a Y

Skate Style Shoes

I have been searching for a skate style shoe that isn't too pricey so I can use them on my mallet c's. Can anyone point me in the right direction? My only problem so far is that almost every shoe I have found only came in black or they didn't have my size. I can't stand wearing black shoes! I'm not looing for anything girlie but at least decent looking. If not, skate style shoes, can anyone suggest something else to use with my pedals?

Jan 2004
    Any pair of hi/low top sneakers will do.

7hz
    Old newbie
    Vans come in all kinds of crazy colours http://shop.vans.com/webapp/wcs/stor...ry_10001_10101 and are good value if you are in the USA (not so good value in Europe, but still good shoes).

I bike long tyme.
    Dans' Comp has a killer selection of skater shoes. Tons of brands, killer prices and fast shipping. Check them out!
    http://www.danscomp.com
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    just go find a local skate or surf shop.. youll find walls of all sorts and brands and colors

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Do you want a skate style shoe that's still SPD compatable? If not, I found these on Jenson:
    Last edited by NorKal; 12-29-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Its Tammy! 2 M's and a Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Do you want a skate style shoe that's still SPD compatable? If not, I found these on Jenson:
    Sorry, I did forget to mention that I want the shoes to be SPD compatible. But like I said all I can find are shoes that are black. Why do they all have to come in black? The Adidas Minret come in different colors, but they are still pretty fugly. I guess I could settle for the gray ones. But if there are different options I would like to check them out first. And I don't want shoes that look like they belong on elf's feet. I want the skate style shoes in case I need to hike my bike. And it seems like cleats wouldn't be ideal for this. Maybe I'll become a shoe designer and design shoes just for chicks....

Time is not a road.
    Skate style shoes just don't go over well with the Mallets. I know on the surface it looks like they should, but I tried it and it didn't work out. They don't allow enough of the cleat to protrude from the bottom of the shoe w/o significant shims underneath, which I found allow the cleat to slip and rotate. More traditional cycling shoes work better, but I admit that even those took some time to wear into the Mallets (I suppose I could have tried to cut some tread down).

Maybe others have had better success with the kind of shoe you're looking for...I tried some sort of generic Performance brand (oh, and it was brown, BTW, not black).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by The TamMeeH
    Sorry, I did forget to mention that I want the shoes to be SPD compatible. But like I said all I can find are shoes that are black. Why do they all have to come in black? The Adidas Minret come in different colors, but they are still pretty fugly. I guess I could settle for the gray ones. But if there are different options I would like to check them out first. And I don't want shoes that look like they belong on elf's feet. I want the skate style shoes in case I need to hike my bike. And it seems like cleats wouldn't be ideal for this. Maybe I'll become a shoe designer and design shoes just for chicks....
    661 launch are SPD compatible, not sure what all colors they come in though, one example:
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/144...Shoes-2006.htm

Its Tammy! 2 M's and a Y
    Quote Originally Posted by fsrxc
    661 launch are SPD compatible, not sure what all colors they come in though, one example:
    Thanks for the input y'all. I did end up buying a pair of the 661 Launch shoes from PricePoint. And for the price I paid, I guess I can deal with it being black.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    danscomp.com---- THANKS!

Members who have read this thread: 0