Sizing Shoes, Help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Sizing Shoes, Help

Hi,

I'm 10.5 on my walking shoes, i'm going to buy specialized BG sport or comp shoes, i know i have to buy shoes bigger than usual, is there any rule for that..................half size, complete size, two sizes bigger. somebody help me, i dont't want to buy the wrong shoes (sending back to the dealer is not an option in my country ). Thanks for the help

Former Bike Wrench

New question here. same size as athletic shoes

Quote Originally Posted by cardona.john
    Hi,

I'm 10.5 on my walking shoes, i'm going to buy specialized BG sport or comp shoes, i know i have to buy shoes bigger than usual, is there any rule for that..................half size, complete size, two sizes bigger. somebody help me, i dont't want to buy the wrong shoes (sending back to the dealer is not an option in my country ). Thanks for the help
    Who told you to buy bigger? A cycling shoe needs to be a precise fit and is usually worn with a pretty thin sock. I've been buying shoes for myself for 12 years and have always purchased the same size as my regular athletic shoes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I agree, I have always bought the same size shoe and you do wear thin socks, so I would recommend buying the same size. Unless, you have information about that specific shoe that would lead you to buy bigger.

Nov 2006
    If you're ordering them, just make sure the place has a good return policy on shoes if you haven't tried them on before. Shoes are like clothes.. the fit can vary with more than just the size. For example, my normal shoes are an 11.5, my sneakers are a 10.5, and some shoes I even have to get a 12. Not to mention my heavy hiking boots (though you do get those to leave room for walking downhill) are a whopping 13. So there can be a lot of variance even within a single size depending on how the shoe is made. So if you're ordering, just make sure you can send them back if you put them on and they don't feel right.

mtbr member
    Hi,

You have made a good choice-- Specialized BG's are great and they run pretty true to size. I have the BG Comps and I love them. My boyfriend, like you, wears 10.5 running shoes. He finds his Specialized BG sports size 44 to be a perfect fit. He says they are comfortable and supportive, yet roomy enough not to bang his toes when he walks.

I hope this helped.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    A light in the dark. Thanks a lot.

But now, the sport or the comp. Those are going to be my first cycling shoes, I'm worried about the two things in the comps: 1. the "buckle system" (it's not sheap and is hard to find even in the states), and 2. about the desing of the sole (this thing whith triangular shape, it looks slippery--but cool--). Higher end specialized shoes like de expert, the pro, the s-works, don't have this desing, i wondering why?. Some information please..................are the extracost justified???????

mtbr member
    .........are the extracost justified???????

No, seriously. Buckles can break and replacement takes time. The BG Sports are stiff-soled, comfortable, and have really strong velcro straps to hold them secure. I think you'll be happy with them.

Members who have read this thread: 0