Size 14(50 euro) Shoes, Other than SIDI?- Mtbr.com
    Lay off the Levers

Size 14(50 euro) Shoes, Other than SIDI?

I have the Sidi Dominators and don't really like them other than that they fit. The treds are as hard as leggos and the traction is absymal. But they are the only shoes I could find in my size. The last pair I had were made by Specy, had plenty of grip and were far more comfortable to walk in. (Weren't as snug though). Sadly they too have stopped making larger sizes.

Anyone know of a SPD compatible shoe maker who sells US14 or EURO50?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well Shoes

[
    Anyone know of a SPD compatible shoe maker who sells US14 or EURO50?[/QUOTE]

SPECIALIZED used to. Don't know if they still do. Their web site was down last time I tried it.

Jan 2004

Hard to find, but some possibilities...

I wear a US 15, Euro 50 or 52, and I've never been able to convince myself to spend the money for Sidis. I have a couple of pairs of Nikes, some Northwaves, some Diadora Jalapenos and some Diadora road shoes, can't remember the model (when you never know when you'll find shoes in your size again, you tend to snap them up when you see them). All were bought on clearance sales at either Nashbar or www.sierratradingpost.com, and I think the most expensive were $49.
    I like the Diadoras a lot. The Northwaves are great to walk in but too bulky for my toe clips (I use them on a commuter; should be fine with SPD). Nikes are my favorites, but I've had them a long time and my feet have gotten a little bigger, so they're getting tight now.
    You can search the Sierra Trading Post site by size, so I drop in once a week or so just to see what they have. The others are pure chance--sometimes Nashbar will have a bunch of size 50s, then nothing for a year. Shops also can order, but may not want to bother. One local owner told me it's a hassle because the people who answer the phone at his supplier just automatically say they don't have anything bigger than 48/13.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Just searched Nashbar and they have 7 models of mtn bike shoes in size 50, starting at $55 going to $210.

8 road shoes in size 50, $80 - $210.

In size 52, 3 shoes, mtn, $150-$210.
    In size 52, 6 shoes, road, $150-$210.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I wear a 14 shoe and my biking shoes are Answer Speeders in a size 48. They are a lot closer to the low-end of the market than your Sidis but they fit and have held up well, I've had them for about 2 years. My only complaint is my toes falling asleep every once in a while on 30 mi+ road rides, this has never happened on a mtb ride. I'm sure they don't fit like your Sidis but they get the job done..

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Just searched Nashbar and they have 7 models of mtn bike shoes in size 50, starting at $55 going to $210.

8 road shoes in size 50, $80 - $210.

In size 52, 3 shoes, mtn, $150-$210.
    In size 52, 6 shoes, road, $150-$210.
    Thanks! I'll check out Nashbar, Performance and Sierra.

I got tired of checkng with them and only comming up with SIDI's IMO they're way overrated. I bought them because they were the only things I could find in my size. Everyone indeed defaluts to 48-max. And BTW my last pair was Specialized. I liked them better.

Cheers!
    Faster is better, even when it's not.