SIXSIXONE Peak shoes? Anyone tried them?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

SIXSIXONE Peak shoes? Anyone tried them?

I noticed Jensons are selling these really cheap. I have had the Dom 4's which are pretty well dead..

How heavy, stiff etc are these 661 shoes? I am thinking about Dom 5, Bullet or Shimano M225 as well as these Peak's which appear a good deal.

Fashionably functional...
    Funny you asked. Went out on my first ride with them last night. Bought them 3 weeks ago and just got them into dirt last night. Well, they are plenty stiff. The straps and ratchet/velcro system is secure and supportive. The treads gets good traction. Very decently made. The price is right but check your sizing. They do run a little big and wider at the toe box. I usually wear a 43.5 or 44 but these 43 fits me really well. Good for wider feet. Not the fancy Italian Sidi but you can get 2 pairs plus socks and extra cleats for the same money.
    Essentially, these are the same exact shoe as the Sette, Supergo, Nashbar, and possibly Performance's top-of-the-line house brand shoes. Identical design, identical stitching, different color schemes. So what, quality is quality, comfort is comfort. If you don't like the colors of the 661(I'm still debating whether I do), you have some choices. AGAIN, same exact shoes...
    What's the joy of living if you can't feel alive???

mtbr member
    Great thanks for that! Are they heavy though, that's the one thing I am used to with my Sidi's is quite a light show ie. lower rotating mass. Would it be possible to weigh them for me?

Thanks in anticipation

Members who have read this thread: 0