Since we're sharing really cool helmet cam vids...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,211

    Since we're sharing really cool helmet cam vids...

    You will not be disappointed.

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zCRkcykokBs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zCRkcykokBs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

    P.S. I'm fairly certain this is either South Mountain, or possibly Sedona (not sure it actually says though).
    Last edited by Casual Observer; 06-05-2008 at 09:59 AM.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  2. #2
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Thats good stuff right there

  3. #3
    dirt visionary
    Reputation: clockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,496
    god I wish I had terrain like that to build on or hell even just ride
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

  4. #4
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,297
    No hesitation and flawless riding. Good stuff.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Virgin, UT

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAqt141eJAU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAqt141eJAU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2RZ38CBITuA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2RZ38CBITuA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

  6. #6
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    I've seen that first video a whole buncha times and it never gets old.....trail looks like heaven on earth!

    As for the Virgin UT clips, that looks badass! Mapquest says it's only 400 miles. Looks like I have to plan a little weekend trip soon, well its probably a little hot this time of year. Kavurider, is that you in the videos? If not does anyone know where/how to find these trails?

    A few of us a considering a Park City trip to hit the Deer Valley DH, maybe this would be a good stop along the way?
    JRA

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,241
    Those are 3 of the best MTB videos ever posted (and yes, they have all been posted before).

    I would love to have better resolution versions- does anyone know where to obtain them?!

    TIA!

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    I've seen that first video a whole buncha times and it never gets old.....trail looks like heaven on earth!

    As for the Virgin UT clips, that looks badass! Mapquest says it's only 400 miles. Looks like I have to plan a little weekend trip soon, well its probably a little hot this time of year. Kavurider, is that you in the videos? If not does anyone know where/how to find these trails?

    A few of us a considering a Park City trip to hit the Deer Valley DH, maybe this would be a good stop along the way?
    No, not me.

    First video is from the Red Bull Rampage course.
    Second video is Earn 'Em and Flying Monkey - apparently, they are pretty difficult to find on your own, best bet is to find an LBS up there and ask them.

    Try asking this shop: http://www.zioncycles.com/
    they should be able to help you.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    659

    The best

    It's like watching Roam or the Collective all over again, check for all (5) shows 30 min. each, great footage, great riding, great film work, just great

    STUND

    <embed id="VideoPlayback" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fs=true" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-1169194524868200037&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

  10. #10
    Sup?
    Reputation: honemastert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    You will not be disappointed.
    P.S. I'm fairly certain this is either South Mountain, or possibly Sedona (not sure it actually says though).
    now *THAT* was WORLD CLASS!
    Last edited by honemastert; 06-05-2008 at 10:44 PM.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ruckus222's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    112
    That is funny you found that Utah video. The guy filming is who I rode with up in Oregon the last couple of years before moving to Tucson. You all may know him from his Teton Gravity Research videos doing big mountain skiing. That was Sage Cattabriga-Alosa filming and Matt Collins (another skier) in front most of the time. If anybody is making a trip up to Utah to hit that stuff PM me and I would love to go and I could either get one of them to ride with us as long as they aren't filming for ski stuff or touring and be a tour guide or have them at least give me some good directions. They said it is [email protected] @ss and full of commitment.

  12. #12
    A Huckin' Hypocrite
    Reputation: Kymmster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    378

    Very Nice

    Helmet cams rarely do justice in showing how steep, rough or dangerous the terrain is but I pissed myself a couple of times watching those Utah spine vids
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.
    Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

  13. #13
    AKA shitbird
    Reputation: eabos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymmster
    Helmet cams rarely do justice in showing how steep, rough or dangerous the terrain is but I pissed myself a couple of times watching those Utah spine vids

    Yeah, it makes me wonder what the trail looks like in "real life"?

    I'd give those trails a go, I'd just get over the awkwardness by pissing myself before the ride.
    JRA

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus222
    That is funny you found that Utah video. The guy filming is who I rode with up in Oregon the last couple of years before moving to Tucson. You all may know him from his Teton Gravity Research videos doing big mountain skiing. That was Sage Cattabriga-Alosa filming and Matt Collins (another skier) in front most of the time. If anybody is making a trip up to Utah to hit that stuff PM me and I would love to go and I could either get one of them to ride with us as long as they aren't filming for ski stuff or touring and be a tour guide or have them at least give me some good directions. They said it is [email protected] @ss and full of commitment.
    Yup, Sage. Cool guy, skilled rider, awesome on skis.

  15. #15
    shred my gnar
    Reputation: happy_ending's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    604
    nice! thanks for posting those. that is some insane exposure on those virgin tails...

  16. #16
    I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
    Reputation: Greffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    874
    Those trails in Utah are so sick. I wanna go!!!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash.- Julie Furtado

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.