Sidi Shoes Sizing- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Sidi Shoes Sizing

I am looking to buy a set of 2003 Sidi Rampa shoes that only comes in size 43.5 I am wearing a set of Louis Garneau shoes which are just basic trekking shoes in size 44. There is a bit of space in the Louis Garneau shoe right now and these are a little wider than normal shoes. My question is will the Sidi's be too small because I do have pretty wide feet. I buy size 11US runners 2E but i get about a half finger length of space. I tried on my old 9.5US basketball shoes and they seem to fit snug but they wider than most normal shoes.

May 2006
    More likely 43.5 will be too small for you. Most cycling shoes are not designed for wide feet and that's why sidi and other manufacturers make special shoe models designed for this case.
    Also, I know several racers, who bought sidi shoes 1 to 1.5 sizes larger, because several models have bad tencency to become smaller after first moistening & desiccation.

mtbr member
    I'd advise that you go to the SIDI site and download their sizing PDF, print it out, stick it together and just put your foot on to see what size you need. Don't know about that particular SIDI, but the more expensive ones are available in narrow, normal and mega (wide).
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

Members who have read this thread: 0