Sidi Shoes- Mtbr.com

Thread: Sidi Shoes

www.mtbnj.com
    Jul 2005

Sidi Shoes

Anyone have experience with this UK company?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

Their prices are significantly cheaper than us prices.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    1 GBP = ~1.75 USD

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr0101
    Anyone have experience with this UK company?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

Their prices are significantly cheaper than us prices.

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBike
    1 GBP = ~1.75 USD
    True, but to figure out the actual price to U.S. customers, you need to multiply the UK price by the ~$1.75, then by .8511 (to back out the 17.5% Value-Added Tax which is included in the price, but not applicable to orders delivered to the U.S.)

As to mtnbkr0101's question, I haven't ordered from them myself, but my friend has (with good results) and in this thread, MTBR members report delivery times of as little as three days (to California!). I wouldn't hesitate to order from them, assuming you know your Sidi size.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Or, simply select "USD" on the right upper side of the webpage, and it will show the USD price without VAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by tvrbob86
    True, but to figure out the actual price to U.S. customers, you need to multiply the UK price by the ~$1.75, then by .8511 (to back out the 17.5% Value-Added Tax which is included in the price, but not applicable to orders delivered to the U.S.)

www.mtbnj.com
    Jul 2005
    Thanks for the input. I am looking to replace a pair that I bought from another UK site approximately 6 years ago.

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBike
    Or, simply select "USD" on the right upper side of the webpage, and it will show the USD price without VAT.
    Yeah, I realize that and meant to mention it. But since the original poster didn't ask anything about the exchange rate and stated that the prices are significantly cheaper, I could only assume that you were posting the exchange rate to imply that the prices are not significantly cheaper once you converted from USD to GBP. I just wanted to point out that it's not as simple as looking at the exchange rate and doing the conversion.

As for the prices, Sidis do seem to be quite a bit cheaper than their retail price in the U.S.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Points taken. Sorry I should have been more clear on my first post.

Members who have read this thread: 0