Sidi shoe blow out

Printable View

• 09-02-2013
    wilbcol7
    1 Attachment(s)
    Sidi shoe blow out
    Anybody have this issue before? Out on a ride this morning and felt something weird going on with my right shoe/peddle, next thing I know my shoe was flapping around. The shoes are only a year old. I have had several pairs of Sidi shoes and this is the first problem I have had.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 4
  • 09-02-2013
    Live2rideUtah
    Dang that looks like a bad case of hungry shoeitus...... Never had that happen to me since an old pair of nike mtn bike shoes in 03 but looks like a bad case of delamanation. Did the shoes get extremely wet? Are you outside of any chance of a warrantee? I was hosed when it happened to me it just seemed the glue didn't hold up?
  • 09-02-2013
    wilbcol7
    Looks like a good dose of Gorilla Glue fixed the problem. I'll test it out fully tomorrow.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4
  • 09-02-2013
    Live2rideUtah
    Report back how it turns out. I wish you luck as that is a bummer especially with the nice shoes your rockin
  • 09-02-2013
    doismellbacon
    Yes, I had it happen about 10 years ago, but only after a hellacious high speed road crash that ground a hole all the way through the lorica upper, ripped the buckle off, and left me half naked and hurtin'
  • 09-04-2013
    wilbcol
    Gorilla Glue did the trick. 2 hour ride yesterday and it was solid as a rock. If anyone has the same issue with a shoe I would highly recomend using Gorilla Glue to repair it.