Sidi Dragon shoes tight fit?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Sidi Dragon shoes tight fit?

Hi..

I wear a 43 size in some street shoes and 44 (US 10) on other brands of walking shoes.
    Well, I was testing some Sidi Dragon 2 SRS size 44 and they felt great (compact and no feeling of fingers touching the tip of the shoe), also the point of my "big finger" ir just one finger (measured horinzontally) from the top of the shoe.

Is this size, the right one for me?

I`m asking it here, because the last MTB shoes I had were very loose (US 12); I had to buy them because I was in a big hurry and I needed them . So I have no real point of camparision.
    My road shoes are specialized size 43 (US 10). I seem to remember that Sidi shoes go a little fitter than any other brand.

Also I suposse they feel snug enough because they are an almost "only for racing" shoe...

Should I go with the 44 size? Do they strech up alittle bit after the first couple of rides?-

Looking at the sizing chart at the sidiusa.com, website, I suposse to be a 44.

thanks guys!

bye

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No recent Sidi users¿?

wanna dance?
    Mine fit really tight alright, stuffed into the trash bin. Worst shoes I've ever owned. I don't know what happened to Sidi, but going from toughass mtb shoes to shiny plastic gadget-laiden failure-prone junk is not good.

Gimme two fat straps of velcro and an insole.

Good luck getting them to feel nice. They felt, to my feet, like jumping out of a plane and landing on a slab of concrete would feel. Pain.

Sucked.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    In fact that sounds more as a really bad experience than an advice on how should they fit and feedback.

I appreciate it...

Anymore opinions please?

thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have a pair and am happy with the fit. The leather is soft and after a while of use they mould to your feet. I found the main strap can become clogged and sometimes difficult to release and I found the sole too flexible.

I understand that they now make the sole in carbon (more strength??). Also, I bought a equivalent pairt of road shoes at the same time, which have better main strap clasps (but get less mucked up in road use).

They cost a fair bit so I'll keep with them for a while, but think the top schimano shoes look stonger on the sole.

I don't like velcro fasterners, I want something that clicks holding my feet in place.

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    I have had the dragons for about 2 years and I love them. The one thing I did notice is the dail closure allows you to make them to tight pretty easily. Keep this in mind when you tighten them, maybe loosen the dail a bunch. More than you think you should.

Don't listen to hotblack, these shoes fit like a glove. Most comfortable pair I ever have had.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    What sizes were you on walking shoes and what sizes did you guys buy in sidi dragon model?
    Thanks!

Tough Guy Extraordinaire
    I have a size 43 in walking shoes and I got the same in the dragons. I owned this size in sidi road shoes before I go the dragons, so I stuck with the same. The dragons are a bit more snug than my road shoes, but like I said I think this is due to the ability to really crank them down with the dail.

Members who have read this thread: 0