shoes size- Mtbr.com

Thread: shoes size

nuj
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

shoes size

hello, it's my first type to use a clipless type mountain bike shoes, the pedal is from wellgo, i was wondering if it's ok if the shoe size is about an inch bigger than my usual size. i tried putting something inside like a piece of cloth. is this wise or did my friend just suckered me on buying his shoes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    It might be Ok for a quick trip around the block to see if you like clipless, but that's about it.

The fit of your shoes is critical to effective transmission of power and control between your feet and the pedals. Unlike with clips and straps where the straps can bear on your foot through the shoe, with clipless the shoe is everything.
    fb
    www.chain-L.com

The key to solving any problem is to understand and address the underlying cause.

ups and downs
    If anything your clipless shoes will be a snugger fit than a shoe used on a platform or rat trapped pedal. It's more like fitting ski boots than running shoes, because you're pulling up and applying body english through the shoe, they will flay the skin off your feet if they are a loose fit. Your feet will become one giant blister.

Tell your friend that you were very drunk at the time and give him his shoes back, get your money back and go get a proper fitting clipless shoe.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    I bought a pair of Specialized shoes that were only a half size too big because they were too good of a deal to pass up. I think I wore them 2-3 times trying to convince myself the bigger size was okay. Didn't work. Thankfully the dealer took them back. As Rocky said, "Your feet will become one giant blister".

Members who have read this thread: 0