Shoes and Pedals- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Shoes and Pedals

I'm in the market looking for shoes and a new set of pedals. I'm wanting to go clipless. I was thinking of getting Crankbros pedals. either the eggbeaters or the candy ones. I'm looking for something that will be good in racing and just all round riding.

Now for shoes I'm needing one that comes in wide. Cause my foot in width is a 4E, which is wide. I don't know how the shoes are supposed to fit, if you want them to be snug or what. I also don't want to have to pay a fortune. Cause I'm a broke college student.

Apr 2004
    I love the Candy's. They clip in no matter what the weather. Mud, snow, etc. are no problem.

I can't help on the shoes, though. I have regular width feet in an average size so I've never had to look far to find shoes. A friend of mine does have wide size 12 feet, and he has a pair of SixSixOne's that he raves about.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Sweet thanks alot I'll look into those. Only ones I knew that came in a wide size for sure was Sidi and those are $150. Thanks for advice.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by chwesley
    Sweet thanks alot I'll look into those. Only ones I knew that came in a wide size for sure was Sidi and those are $150. Thanks for advice.
    Where did you see SIDIs for $150 bucks. The lowest I have seen them is $230. If you know where they are sold for $150 please let me know. I will buy a spare pair. So I have them in 5 years from now when they are still not worn out but too scruffy to be seen in them. Ya cant go wrong with SIDIs. Oh and I.M.O. Time ATAC pedals are sweet.

Cookin' in AZ

Here you go

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE,
    Where did you see SIDIs for $150 bucks. The lowest I have seen them is $230. If you know where they are sold for $150 please let me know. I will buy a spare pair. So I have them in 5 years from now when they are still not worn out but too scruffy to be seen in them. Ya cant go wrong with SIDIs. Oh and I.M.O. Time ATAC pedals are sweet.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Bullet+2.aspx

http://www.sportsbasement.com/jump.j...CT&itemID=9738
    This space intentionally left blank

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Cookin' in AZ

You're right!

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    No wide option for that model
    I didn't read that DIRT JUNKIE wanted wide as well.
    This space intentionally left blank

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    A guy at my local bike shop told me. Plus i saw on there website. Though those are their basic three strap model.

Quote Originally Posted by chwesley
    A guy at my local bike shop told me. Plus i saw on there website. Though those are their basic three strap model.
    Yep those are the cheap SIDIs not the Dominator 4- 5 or 6 with a ratcheting buckle. Bummers that is what I was hoping he was talking about. Thats ok I recently bought a pair of Dominator 5's to replace my "still useable" after 7 years Dominator 4's. So now I have a spare pair.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 02-13-2007 at 08:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Ive had the Dom 5's for almost tow years and they are great. I use Nike Alpin for my out and about rides and those are almost as comfortable.
    As far as pedals I like my SPD 540's.

Jan 2007
    i swear by time pedals. nothing fancy , just the aluminum body, non adjustable version. super easy to rebuild, and not that expensive to rebuild. i've never been stuck in mine when i wanted to get out and i've never inadvertently came out of them either.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekiller
    i swear by time pedals. nothing fancy , just the aluminum body, non adjustable version. super easy to rebuild, and not that expensive to rebuild. i've never been stuck in mine when i wanted to get out and i've never inadvertently came out of them either.
    Yep Time ATAC pedals and SIDI Dominator 4, 5 or 6 shoes are the winning ticket IMO.

Apr 2004
    I've always liked what I hear about Sidi shoes. Does anyone know what they are made of? I won't wear anything that came from an animal. I have been wearing Specialized shoes for years because they are 100% animal free (down to the binders and stitching), but I can't find any info on Sidi's construction.

Jul 2006
    The Dominator 5 is made of a synthetic called Lorica.

May 2006
    Time ATAC: bombproof and foolproof.

Members who have read this thread: 0