Shoes for my wide foot- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Shoes for my wide foot

I was looking at getting the new Shimano top of line shoes that come in wide but $200 plus for a pair of cycling shoes is getting to be to rich for my blood. I have always used the lower end Shimano shoes but now they start to hurt my feet. Has any one used the new 086's that claim to have a wider toe box? If you have had any experience with another manufacture that would be great as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I have a pair of shimano "wides" and I like them. Just ordered a pair of Lake M 190s in wide width, they seemed to have a good review with the only complaint being that they are a little heavy. I can't personally comment on the Lake shoes, but I know several riders that have them and they like them. JensonUSA has a sale on the M 190s in Wides right now, but I think they only had size 44, 44.5, 45, 45.5.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I didn't think Shimano made any shoes in a "wide" size, I stand corrected.

I wear Lake MX165 shoes in a 47-wide. They fit me perfectly, and they were very affordable. Every other shoe I tried was too narrow and hurt my feet. Only problem is the bike shop only had them in silver, and I think those look like crazy space-age shoes from a cheesy 80's movie about the future. I had the bike shop order me the MX165 in black instead, and those look awesome. I've been wearing them for 3 months now without any problems.

mtbr member
    I'm also using lake mx165 wides, size 45 in black. I was skeptical even after trying them on that they would be comfortable for very long but I wanted to try out clipless and didn't really have any other options than to go for it. after wearing them for a few hours straight my feet had no pain and I couldn't have been happier. for reference I wear 4e width in normal shoes and these fit amazingly well. the 44s were just a tad better length for me but the 45s were wider in just the right spot to fit better overall.

mtbr member
    This one looks decent and the price is nice. Not sure what size you need though. I think I am getting a pair of Lakes when I need new shoes, most likely next year. Right now I am wearing Sette Epics and I have a wide foot and I am comfy in my shoes.

http://www.bikesomewhere.com/bikesom...5730?i=default

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm not a big fan of buckles on biking shoes. That shoe is almost identical to the MX165, but it has 2 velcro straps and an upper buckle instead of 3 velcro straps. I'm not sure why, but buckles always seem to loosen after an hour or so. Maybe that's just me...

Members who have read this thread: 0