shoes for longer rides- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

shoes for longer rides

i currently run a pair of regular cannondale mtb shoes and find for rides 2hours+ the front part on the soles of my feet get pretty sore.

was thinking of getting a pair of bontrager rxl or sidi dominator lorica's

any recommendations for a shoe for 2+ hour rides (i know hardly endurance)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfoxy76
    i currently run a pair of regular cannondale mtb shoes and find for rides 2hours+ the front part on the soles of my feet get pretty sore.

How are your cleats positioned?

Is the toe box wide enough?

Insoles?

I've been riding SIDI Dominators for 10 years (only on my second pair!)...love 'em. They work best for me and my wierd feet

mtbr member

Bontragers RXL

Quote Originally Posted by mrfoxy76

Sidis are rather pricey, and do not come with a nice insole liner...which is shocking for the price. They do fit well after some initial breakin.

Bontragers were fairly comfy, and came with a terrific eSole, but still not the perfect shoe for me. They just won't work with my weird shaped feet.

I have that pair of Bontrager RXLs in black 44.5(10.5) for sale, not yet on eBay till tonight...
    Bought em a month ago for $229. I can sell them to you for $150, or make me an offer. They are in perfect shape...

PM me if interested.
    Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind...Dr Seuss.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i am a 47 mid-wide feet the shoes i have fit perfect just not comfortable 2+ hours they have zero insole support, just starting to realize that

i can get a pair for bontrager rxl for close to cost, the reviews on them are not that good.

always fancied a pair of the sidi dominator lorica, they have mixed reviews

i am a size 47

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    on my second pair of Sidi Dominators....switched out the 6 y/o pair 3 years ago. I'd still be riding on them if the Eggbeaters hadn't ate into the sole...but hey....6 years for a pair of 140 dollar shoes (I got them closeout) is hella cheap. My next pair should last a longer since I am running the Crankbros Shields. I recommend them to anyone running Eggs or ATACS.

Oh...and after using them for the 12hr race gigs and stoopid long training rides...I highly recommend them. If you have a foot with a narrow heal and wide toe area, you'll really like them.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i do have a narrow heal and widish toe area i tried a pair of sidi dominator 47 wide in the uk when i was there on vacation earlier this year and they fitted purfect.

If you even have them longer than 4 years, which is most likely, they are about $55USD to own.

Per year..that is.

mtbr member
    I have to throw in my 2 cents for the Specialized shoes. I have the BG Pro's, they're stiff and fit great, the Body Geometry marketing seems to be for real. I find them super comfortable. I have worn them for numerous 6-12 hour rides without any foot problems.

Members who have read this thread: 0