Shoes for large feet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Shoes for large feet?

Hello I've begun the painful search for a new pair of shoes since my current shoes only have a month or two left in them (and yes a month is a normal hunt time for shoes for me)

my problem: I have size 13 shoes. most people I know refer to them as canoes, battleships or something to that effect . a normal hunt for sneakers involves at least 3 stores to find something that fits and this is the major dilemma seeing as bike stores don't carry this big of shoes in my area.

I have been looking at two shoes: the 5.10 karver and the Shimano SH-AM41. For two reasons I like the inside of ankle coverage and the shoelace cover (we have a lot of mud in the PNW during the winter)

(my clipless shoes are Shimano m-086 in a 49 but their sizing seems to be different that everyone other companies just by looking at sizing tables)

can anyone comment on the sizing and fit of these in size 13?
    upside or downsides to them?
    other recommendations?

Thanks you for your help,
    -Tyler

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    anybody?

Old Man
    I gave up on bike shoes, I wear a size 14 so I was in your position, I just went with some Merrell hiking shoes and and some Wellgo C135 pedals and they have worked great so far.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." - Mark Twain
    Site

Old Man
    ayup.
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." - Mark Twain
    Site

mtbr member
    YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT GUYS WITH BIG FEET?!?!?!?

They need to buy bigger shoes.

turtles make me hot
    I have size 13 feet. I've had Shimano, Answer and Specialized BG shoes. All were 48 or 49. I have no problem finding them at my local shops.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm a 12 4E and have had great luck with Sidi Dominators. You can't skimp on shoes.

Members who have read this thread: 0