Which Shoes for growing boy?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Which Shoes for growing boy?

My 10 year old son has really taken to trail riding with me this summer . He is wanting to try clipless and I do have an old pair of Ritchey's that are very easy to get in and out of that he could start out with.

Need some suggestions for shoes that won't break the bank since his feet are growing and these will definatley be one season shoes for him.

Thanks...J

pronounced may-duh
    Perhaps you could go with mail order house brands like nashbar, performance, sette. Go with a slightly larger size that he can grow into.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/141...-MTB-Shoes.htm

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...6_10000_201438

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    EBAY, plenty of barely used shoe's to chose from. Picked up a new pair for my daughter for $20 delivered and a pair of for my son with pedals for $40 delivered. Most of the shoes are listed by European sizing, so you'd want to get that before looking.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Go to Performance, REI, or the like. Find some shoes that are on sale. Your son's feet are probably small at age 10, so the chances of finding a good sale deal improve markedly. (It's always the too large or too small shoes that don't sell and are put on clearance, right?)

That's what we did for our son and it worked out pretty well. It turned out that my wife was even able to wear one of the pairs of shoes when he was done! (And, I think those are her favorite shoes now.)

mtbr member
    I went to Peformance today so he could try on several different brands of shoes. The Shimano fit his foot the best. He feet are wider so that makes a little sense.

He's going to be able to wear a 41, one size larger than what I would think is a perfect fit for him, so maybe he can get a few more months out of them.

Does anyone know if the Sette shoes are wide like the Shimano or narrow like SIDI?

Members who have read this thread: 0